• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

VictoryRC Is Making A Pipe For Redcat

Bklyn77

I just spoke to David from VictoryRC , and he said that he will be making a pipe for the Redcat. So as soon as he send me a picture of the Protype I will post it so you guys can take a look. :)

jigawatt

now the important question... side or rear?

pro5thscale

The pipe will be designed as a rear pipe, unfortunately VRC will only make a tuning pipe that will provide the most power available, or the highest peak power allowed.

The problem with this is, it's all based on the form, the bend and the volume in the design itself, so it doesn't always work out to be a pipe that is in the chassis enclosed.

If you notice, all the performance pipes are exposed and not conveniently made in a compact version.

I hope this makes sense to you.

Pete

mooman007uk

Banned
good to see you here Pete, I'm looking forward to the vrc range of pipes, I will say regarding pipe enclosure that the current 5b dom modded by sprint 77 is a big, big power pipe and it fits in like a glove. very well protected, with my ONB race ported 28.5 top end and the 813 it rocks. I did a little extra work in the cylinder transfers ,matched the case and intake manifold and threw in a stuffed crank and it'll be a hard combo to match.

Like I say I'm real interested in what vrc come up with both for the ramp and fg, oh and between you an me I think I'm a shoe in for test pilot:D

Sprint 77

Contributor
pro5thscale said:
The pipe will be designed as a rear pipe, unfortunately VRC will only make a tuning pipe that will provide the most power available, or the highest peak power allowed.
The problem with this is, it's all based on the form, the bend and the volume in the design itself, so it doesn't always work out to be a pipe that is in the chassis enclosed.

If you notice, all the performance pipes are exposed and not conveniently made in a compact version.

I hope this makes sense to you.

Pete
All performance pipes don't have to be exposed with as much room as the Rampage chassis has. Having the pipe exposed is more the case of it is easier to design and tool to get the performance shape without having to think about getting around chassis components. Also as a marketable item if it is hanging out there to exposed it can be vulnerable to destruction , whitch will have repeat sales for the manufacture. Sounds more like a marketing strategy than thinking of the end user needs and wallet.

RampageHopUps

Its not a marketing strategy, as they don't even have one yet to determine how much room they have. Once they get one, they will see how much room they have and make a rear pipe fit.

pro5thscale

RampageHopUps said:
Its not a marketing strategy, as they don't even have one yet to determine how much room they have. Once they get one, they will see how much room they have and make a rear pipe fit.
Hey Rob & Sprint,

Yes, exactly, the pipe is not designed yet, this is something that has been requested by a number of people.

Not to hurt anyone's business, but more so for different options for the end user.

I personally don't like the side pipes on the Rampage and there isn't enough rear pipes to choose from on the market.

I think Sprint77 has done a great job keeping people interested in the Ramp, by modding a pipe to get more performance out of there RC's.

VRC will make a pipe specifically designed for the Rampage MT and TT, both of which will produce the highest power gains possible, while at the same time mounting the pipe securely and last but not least, offering the nicest looking pipe on the market.

Don't worry, as soon as we get our hands on some, I will have Rob ( Mr. Ramp ) for short, do all the testing. :D

Thanks

Pete

Piranha2

Contributor
I have been into 2-strokes for decades and I can't imagine "any" pipe making more power than my 77DOM. No matter what surface or speed, you punch it and it breaks free and when she does finally bite, she wheelies or jumps out of her "shell". The only thing I make of the VRC pipe is more options. And yes, the sidemount pipes s**k!

prostock

Pete,

Has VICTORY come up with anything yet?

BRC

pro5thscale said:
Hey Rob & Sprint,
Yes, exactly, the pipe is not designed yet, this is something that has been requested by a number of people.

Not to hurt anyone's business, but more so for different options for the end user.

I personally don't like the side pipes on the Rampage and there isn't enough rear pipes to choose from on the market.

I think Sprint77 has done a great job keeping people interested in the Ramp, by modding a pipe to get more performance out of there RC's.

VRC will make a pipe specifically designed for the Rampage MT and TT, both of which will produce the highest power gains possible, while at the same time mounting the pipe securely and last but not least, offering the nicest looking pipe on the market.

Don't worry, as soon as we get our hands on some, I will have Rob ( Mr. Ramp ) for short, do all the testing. :D

Thanks

Pete

pro5thscale

Don't worry good things come to those who wait!

I will let you guys no the current news within the next day or so.

Thanks

kryptonite

Sprint 77 said:
it can be vulnerable to destruction , whitch will have repeat sales for the manufacture. Sounds more like a marketing strategy than thinking of the end user needs and wallet.
so far nobody has broke an exterior pipe. but the interior pipes seem to be having a few issues.

max 1

I Had Another Jp Crack Again .the Second One In A Different ,and I Don,t Even Jump It.they Shoud Have Let U Or Moon Fild Test It .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts