• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

upgraded to belt drive

bigboysrctoys

Ok so the new motor arrived and so did the needed parts for the belt drive and the bell part # 50029n the outer bearing on the gear mount will not fit the shaft. Does anyone know what size this is? I was under the assumption they were all the same size but thats what I get for assuming i guess

G

It's not the bearing my friend. The bearing is to sit on far section of the shaft before it steps up to the thicker section. Your gear plate is too short to support the bearing and longer shafts.

G

Here you can see the difference.

-

Shorty

4e9a1433.jpg

-

The long shaft version

2e054e2a.jpg

G

bigboysrctoys said:
so your saying the gear plate needs to be changed out also? part#?
Yes, everything that has to do with the 4pin gear drive system is wrong for the belt drive. Part #050004 will work.

bigboysrctoys

got all the shafts didnt realize the gear plate needed changed tho. o well learning experience I guess. just more money into this thing :)

bigboysrctoys

yea hate the wait game especially now that this new motor is in and ready to be fired up! guess ill tear it down and powder coat some parts while I wait again.

G

Sorry, I closed them out. They are being replaced by the new 7075 RC plates.

Deluge

bigboysrctoys said:
Ok so the new motor arrived and so did the needed parts for the belt drive and the bell part # 50029n the outer bearing on the gear mount will not fit the shaft. Does anyone know what size this is? I was under the assumption they were all the same size but thats what I get for assuming i guess
It's the gear plate, dude. Bummer. Time to open up the wallet, again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts