• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Upgrade Recommendations from stock new.

mwoods269

Hello all,

My Rampage MT V3 should be here next week and I'd like to get some recommendations on upgrades.

My thoughts:

1. Upgrade parts that normally break first (crashes excluded) and or that have sub par stock performance.

a. Kill switch (ordered already)

b. Clutch

c. Throttle servo

d. Steering servo. I hear the V3 has dual servos?

e. Tires/rims

f. Pipe

2. What about gears? I noticed metal gears for sale. Assume stock are plastic. Should I invest in those?

3. What about the stock radio that comes with it. There is no info on it and I assume it’s 2 channel with short range?

I’d like recommendations on all of these parts and thoughts on order of importance.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

G

-Clutch is fine. They get changed to a higher rpm spring for a better launch.

-All the stock servos are short lived. You can get more life out of them if you get your end point adjustment set right.

-Tires and rims will last a good long time. People change to a smaller/lighter for performance.

-A good tuned pipe will make a big difference in performance.

-They come with the metal gears.

-The radio works fine has good range. Just no fancy bells and whistles.

MNRampage

All in all the mt is a great platform out of the box.

Ditto.. On above,look into new servos.

Also the ddm Dom pipe will do wonders for the mt.

mwoods269

Recommendations for adjusting servo endpoints? The more I read the more I think most of these servos die in the first hours of operation which is not cool considering the money you pay for them. I need to get the throttle servo asap it seems.

G

I got a whole year out of some stockers, and less than a month out of some. They are hit and miss. The throttle brake servo tends to give out first. You need to make sure the servos are not pushing past the range of travel. I now always replace them out of the box as a precaution. It's not fun when they fail on an outing or race.

I don't understand your money comment. If you mean the cost of the truck, price point doesn't get any better than Redcat. The Losi 5ive needs its servos replaced out of the box as well and it starts at $1500.

Last edited:

mwoods269

Re: Upgrade Recommendations from stock new.

Thats like telling me I need to replace a part in my samsung smart tv after I purchase and get it home. Not sure if you just like spending money or not but when buying new I expect it to work for some time unless I mistreat it. Thats not good business.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

G

I understand your point completely. But it doesn't seem to be that way in 5th scale. Most will drive it until it breaks before they upgrade. Myself I have as much fun upgrading as driving.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Re: Upgrade Recommendations from stock new.

mwoods269 said:
Recommendations for adjusting servo endpoints? The more I read the more I think most of these servos die in the first hours of operation which is not cool considering the money you pay for them. I need to get the throttle servo asap it seems.
Personally every rc I've ever owned in the last 15yrs, there is something that needs upgrading practically out of the box...$700 losi trucks ....$600 hpi savages etc....redcat is by far the best bang for your buck at any scale and needs some upgrades just like every other....check out some other forums they are all the same...

Sent from my Shoe-Phone using Tapa-Toe 2

surun211

I just got my MT V3 today and looks like it has a lot more updated stuff then what I've found around the forum like heat sink metal steering servos, I will be posting pics soon so can get everyones opinion.

G

Those are the standard steering servos the X-series uses the same just a single one. When set up right they will last for awhile. Remember the trucks come fully assembled, but they don't come set-up.

blak__jak

as rcdad stated check endpoint adjustments and make sure servos are not working against each other than also check linkages to make sure they weren't over tightened at factory. mine were and if i would have noticed that before i burnt up one of my servos they may have lasted longer. as for t/b servo i don't think there's much hope for them mine crapped out on m/t and d/r in very short order and i must say thank-you very much killer bee!

G

I think 5 tanks is my record for the throttle/brake servo. The Hitecs perform better, are smoother and more quiet. So it's not just replacing, you will be upgrading. You will see quicker steering and less fade.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts