• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Under Body cage In progress

Sprint 77

Contributor
Here is some pics of my under body cage as it is coming along, It is SS and is tig welded. I will be making body panels for it like a mud buggy or rock crawler look. It will also still accept my factory truck body over it to help the strength of the truck body.

kryptonite

i had the same vision. just don't have the tools. thats gona be a good one. i would like to see it mounted to the inside of the body using large headed screws and threw the lexan. maybe put 4-6 flat tabs on the skelitan and use some nylon or locking nutz. or were you going to attach the the chassis. the closer to the shell the better it will work. great call 77

IMADMAN

Very reminiscent of the old New Era upper roll cages they use to sell. Look's good.

Sprint 77

Contributor
Clubin, The material is .035" wall Stainless Steel Tube some .375" dia some .250" dia and some welding rod for windshield driver protection look. All seams will be fully tig welded than polish it, therefore no need for extra weight of powdercoat.

Krypto , I am going to be cnc punching some Stainlees steel 20 gauge @ work so the "Silent Sponsor" will be helping me with the needed stainless strips to set in on the body mount posts then the body. This way it is easy to get out of the way for maintenance and gives the chassis the best benefit for strength. If it needs to fit tighter to the body I was considering faom padding the roll bar and drivers area for a scale look and functuality.

Marc101885

support the body at the mounting points too, see about running that cage to where the body mounts are so when it does roll over it doesn't just punch through the body. Great idea to keep the body from flexing, may save some bodys from becoming a bunch of little pieces.

Sprint 77

Contributor
Marc101885 said:
support the body at the mounting points too, see about running that cage to where the body mounts are so when it does roll over it doesn't just punch through the body. Great idea to keep the body from flexing, may save some bodys from becoming a bunch of little pieces.
That is my intentions On the mounting. Thanks glad you like it. Do to the custom nature , detail and time in this project . Sorry I am not going to looking at marketing these. Just posting it for members benefit if they may like the idea. This one for my personal truck. The cost of producing would well outweigh the market value.

Neverhappy

That a great idea. Are you keeping the measurement incase a member here wanted to make one for them selfs? I would love to try and make one of thoses. Would have to borrow someones tools and garage.

I have all kinds of ideas in my head but getting them to paper is the problem.

Sprint 77

Contributor
Neverhappy said:
That a great idea. Are you keeping the measurement incase a member here wanted to make one for them selfs? I would love to try and make one of thoses. Would have to borrow someones tools and garage.
I have all kinds of ideas in my head but getting them to paper is the problem.
I do have a help wanted ad post if you need a job, paycheck on the other hand might be more of a problem LOL

Sprint 77

Contributor
mooman007uk said:
Rob have you ever run your truck yet...poor thing just seems to be a jig right now:p
Good thing I got a big bore stroker kit for it because your right it is a jig, I have about wore out the exhaust bolt threads on the Brand new stock cyl. It still has never a drop of fuel in it. I usually run my Baja 5B unfortunatley I am not a fan of that car. I also race 1/4 scale sprints that I fab , so I do run a little. That is my new year ' s resolution to run my cars more. I have run 1 1/2 gallons combined amongst three running cars last year.

Clubin

Banned
mooman007uk said:
Rob have you ever run your truck yet...poor thing just seems to be a jig right now:p
ROFL Rob probaly looks at it and thinks to himself what can I do to you today. lol Seriously I think that truck wants to go for a rip.

Good he has the "jig", it guarantees any one buying parts from him has had the parts mounted on his "JIG".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts