• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Ugh, I've about had it!!!

airflow

I did the same thing to help start the 813. I would take the foam part off. Use my finger to block the hole. It would pop. Put filter back on. Starts up on the next pull.

Stygian said:
Yeah I totally understand with that one, I was expecting the 990 carb to fire right up and when it didn't I got really mad and since I know it will start today it's firing up 2 pulls covering the stack to make it pop then one pull and it fires then from then on while tuning it's been starting first pull. I totally understand how you feel on just wanting to play with it. When I first got my MT and XB I snapped the top suspension arm on both of them and had to wait to get the parts etc etc then I got to play with the XB for about an hour then it wouldn't even start anymore I have had them both for almost 2months and maybe 2-3 hours of run time in them both. One thing though that all these problems did for me was teach me a little bit about how everything works and it brought me to this forum where there's a lot of helpful people.

alfred e numan

yup, everyones got a diffrent method. Me, With every thing shut off, I run the dt-1 filter, Remove this, open the throttle wide open, tip the car on end, squirt about 1/2 thimble full of raw premix down the hole, close the throttle by hand, roll the motor over with the pull cord- you will feel an increase in compression- its pulling up the fuel tru the transfer ports- put the filter on- turn the electronics on- give the car a little gas with the radio- pull the rip cord.- the first time the engine comes up to fire the spark plug its gonna start- 1st pull every time- regardless of how cold it is-- i swear- in 4 years of these 1/5th scales- i have only had to pull on the cord 2 times- i squirted a little too much gas in the hole- just opened up the throttle bout 3/4 with the radio for the 2nd pull--- yea, this includes several new engines i have assembled.-- when you feel an increase in compression- the fuel has been pulled up to the top-end- pull the ripcord and haul ass.

vpalace

This thread has taken a major left hand turn.

Ebb75

Make sure your return line and supply line are not backwards. Mine came this way from factory. This would cause the engine to only get fuel when the tank is completely full and a real PITA to start and tune.

Ebb75

The return to the top. The supply to the bottom. The return line should just barely go inside the tank. And the supple therfore should be at the bottom of tank with the filter on the end.

Ebb75

Just read my post kinda confusing. Supply line goes to bottom of tank with filter on it to the bottom nipple on carb. Return line is just barely inside tank and goes to top nipple on carb. Hope this helps.

vpalace

Ummmm, yeah, helps plenty. Mine are backwards. I feel so stupid now.

My lines are cut enough that the supply won't reach now. I want to add an external filter to the line. Can I use one that's meant for a nitro vehicle? I was told I need a specific external filter for gas applications.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ebb75

Not sure about that filter as i have only used the clunk filter inside the tank. Maybe someone else will chime in. I had a cheap inline filter on my nitro once and it was just piece of screen inside it. Cant see that filtering much.

vpalace

It's more of a way to lengthen the line without replacing everything. Getting that grommet back in was a real pain, and I probably tore it. Maybe that's why the tank was leaking. Or, with the lines backwards, would that have done it?

Ebb75

Ya that grommet is real tight to get in. I lube it up before workin it back in. I would just get some more fuel line. Its cheap. 1/8 id and 1/4 od is what i use. Just make sure its fuel line and not nitro line or vacuum line. Any parts store will have this.

Stygian

Banned
the filters are pretty cheap on ddm and they come in pretty cool colors. the fuel line is really cheap on there too.

vpalace

But I was told you can't use a nitro fuel filter in a gasser. Just want to make sure before something else goes wrong. I emailed DDM.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts