• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Ugh, I've about had it!!!

vpalace

Took the carb off to make sure the holes behind the carb weren't blocked. They are not. The gasket was soaked, so I ordered some new ones from TGN. The gasket on my fuel tank is leaking, I don't know how it's not sealed. There is fuel just pouring out of the fuel lines. Unfortunately I'm doing this in the house and it now smells, my wife is gonna kill me.

I'm so sick of this truck, anyone want to buy it?

vpalace

I'm about to set it on fire. It would be more enjoyable than trying to run it at this point, lol.

Dreggsta

lol there is a vid on youtube of a guy that got burned by his local atv dealer. so, he had an atv bonfire.

Stygian

Banned
LOL I use our spare room to work on my MT but I keep the door shut and the windows open, but we only have a car port not a garage so my wife doesn't care too much. I personally would give it one more shot, put a few more dollars into it fix the issues that are going on now and if it doesn't work for you then, then sell it, I personally think you got burned by the seller not redcat themself, yeah they put shitty parts on their 1/5th but I don't think the problems you're having right now are because of redcat, I bought 3 1/5th scales from them and didn't see those issues.

vpalace

I bought this from a reseller of redcat. Was brand new sent to me from the manufacturer in AZ. I took a breather and went out on the balcony with a small desk and a chair. I think maybe the fumes were getting to me as I've calmed down a bit.

I cleaned everything and out it back together with the old gasket. Funny though, my vent line doesn't want to stay on, keeps popping off. Guess cause its still wet from the fuel? I used a small zip tie to keep it on.

I just want to use the damn thing!

Stygian

Banned
Yeah I totally understand with that one, I was expecting the 990 carb to fire right up and when it didn't I got really mad and since I know it will start today it's firing up 2 pulls covering the stack to make it pop then one pull and it fires then from then on while tuning it's been starting first pull. I totally understand how you feel on just wanting to play with it. When I first got my MT and XB I snapped the top suspension arm on both of them and had to wait to get the parts etc etc then I got to play with the XB for about an hour then it wouldn't even start anymore I have had them both for almost 2months and maybe 2-3 hours of run time in them both. One thing though that all these problems did for me was teach me a little bit about how everything works and it brought me to this forum where there's a lot of helpful people.

REVOlutionary Rampage

Keep working at it. The Redcat 1/5 th scales IMO have a bit of a learning curve. But for the price it's a good stepping stone into 1/5th scale r/c. I have also pulled my hair out with my MT. It does get better though. I'd still take my MT over a nitro any day. :)

Dreggsta

now see, that's your problem! just messing w/ya! i'm looking forward to it & i have 2 to do at the same time lol.

vpalace

I know the tank needs to vent, but I'm still baffled as to why its bit picking up fuel unless the tank is completely filled and if its filled then it leaks. What else would cause it to not create a vacuum to suck up the fuel?

kingpin

That's why I use Coleman camping fuel in all my1/5s no smell even working on it inside, and the wife is happy. AnywAy good luck with your truck

GoffeeRedCat

vpalace said:
I know the tank needs to vent, but I'm still baffled as to why its bit picking up fuel unless the tank is completely filled and if its filled then it leaks. What else would cause it to not create a vacuum to suck up the fuel?
Diaphragm in the carb may be stretched and not pick up fuel...but don't quote me on that

vpalace

Redcat is sending me a new carb. I'm not putting money out for a walbro yet.

I raised the vent a little bit. It may have been in the fuel at the point that it did suck it up, but it was not when the tank was partially full.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts