• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Two 3S batteries on Aftershock/Backdraft 8E

AlvaSpeed

The car runs fine with two 2S batteries but when you try two 3S the speed controller does not "recognize" the higher voltage batteries.

I have tried to reprogram the speed controller but no luck.

Any ideas?

fastlane

Team Driver
AlvaSpeed said:
The car runs fine with two 2S batteries but when you try two 3S the speed controller does not "recognize" the higher voltage batteries.

Any ideas?
Mamba Max Pro will take it.

Obeast44

Banned
Ive got a Mamba max pro, and no damn castle link yet :(

Im sitting here trying to figure out the beeps so I can turn the dang lipo cutoff off. Waiting on my lipos and would at least like to run it on a 7.2v Nimh pack.....I hate beeps rofl

twisted - bones

One word.......Tekin. easy to program with the led scale. no beeps or guessing if you got it right and no need for other devices that cost more money, handles up to a 3s. I have the FXR in my crawler and would not trade it for two castles or any other speed controller. One more thing...its freakin tiny so it fits anywhere:cool:

Obeast44

Banned
I loved the FXR I had in my LCC MoA, small and easy to program. Tekin doesn't make anything (well in my price range)that handles 6s lipo for a 1/10 onroad. don't ask what im planning :D

I got it figured out now on setting it up. Guess I shouldve read the manual a little more. Luckily the combo includes a free certificate for the castle link adapter.

Im gonna run 3s lipo on the 5700kv and eventually bump up to a lower KV motor than can handle 6s

AlvaSpeed

I am talking about the factory ESC and motor.

According to the instructions it can be set up to take 3S but we have tried and no luck.

formula87

AlvaSpeed said:

Any ideas?
Just joined so hi..............

ESC is 80 amp It says on the side of the "Hobbywing" ESC 4s need to go to Mamba Max Pro or Hobbywing 150amp. I personally would go the Mamba route.

Last edited by a moderator:

pipeous

I just ordered a backdraft to race the indoor winter series. I might make it out this summer as well but Scott at Vancouver Hobbies opened the truck kit for himself and just had to send me a video... yup I said ok get me a buggy... then he said the sc truck is cool too... ok well maybe a backdraft too but I want to see pics of the inside first LOL

I think it will be fun spanking the expensive rc's with a redcat ;) ... I know a couple guys are selling their rc's to get a 5th rally now as mine is on rails out there and other than electrical glitches, this thing is solid

hamster huey

twisted - bones said:
Was the speed control meant to be used with a 3s LIPO? If it is an RTR I highly doubt it. Need a little more info. What kind of speed controller?
Youre right. The stock 8e ESCs are 2-4s lipo. 2 3s lipos would be 6s w/stock series wiring.

Im assuming that you mean 2 3s batteries w/ the stock series (not re wired for parrallel) wiring?

hamster huey

AlvaSpeed said:
I am talking about the factory ESC and motor.
According to the instructions it can be set up to take 3S but we have tried and no luck.
3s yes, but 2 3s in series is 6s. to run one 3s you need to jumper one connector OR you can run 2 3s in parallel with a rewiring which doubles the runtime of the 3s. No matter what though 3s is always 11.1v which the stock esc can run on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.