• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Twin Engine

T3X

Anyone has any idea if there is a twin engine available for the mt v3 platform. Links and suggestions would be much obliged. Im looking to make a beast.

Ty

T3X

I checked the website and didnt see one. Unless im blind lol. A link maybe pty

G

It was a custom installation. I don't believe there is any bolt in kit. Send him a message and see what would be involved. :)

T3X

thanks RD, i also saw on Oneil Bros, site they have a 57cc twin, anyone has any hand time with this beast and also what would be a good gear ratio to avoid all the wheelies i just want insane speed. im don't care for it to wheelie...

OBR TWIN ENGINE

Last edited by a moderator:
G

The way these 4WDs are laid out, you won't have to worry about wheelies. They just rocket forward.

T3X

ok and what about mounting will there be some mod that needs to be done and also what about everything else on the board, would they have to be shifted or they can sit where they are... sorry for all the questions i just like knowing all that i can before i get my hands dirty

G

I've never owned a twin. I know it's not an easy fit to get one in the Redcats. The gear plate is already all the way to one side so the motor ends up hanging off the opposite side.

IMO the big single cylinder are a better option. They fit much nicer and are capable of producing the same power.

T3X

well that makes sense... i may just look into them big singles aswell. top of you head whose got the biggest lol

T3X

no just kidding i don't want like an insane size im looking for something that makes sense and has tons of speed.

G

RCMAX makes a 70cc and a 46cc

RC 40 Evolution by Scott Finlay (can also use a 65cc head)

BZM 50cc and 70cc

OBR now has 38cc and 40cc

Just to name a few.

T3X

Have you had any hands with any of those engines RD?

G

I wish....

I really like the 40cc Evolution. Some day I'll give one a try.

1RC5

Bringing this back from the dead...

Has anyone tried a high HP motor on the Rampage line. I'm looking at the RC40 but I'm not sure what parts will break on the MT with this motor installed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts