• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Turnigy on road car?

GoffeeRedCat

Wow!! I think I want one!! My GF says I have $350 to spend on anything for my birthday...I was gonna get a nitro but I think ill get this instead!! Lol

GoffeeRedCat

Haha thanks but I may just save the money instead...its gonna take some good persuasion to get me to to buy another RC lol I'm getting priorities straight! Lol but I really do want one lol

Guantanamo Joe

a little hint about the hobby king website. Sit on that page for the car for about 10 minutes and this little thing will pop up offering you a "discount" on the item for about 20-30 more dollars off. It works great.

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
a little hint about the hobby king website. Sit on that page for the car for about 10 minutes and this little thing will pop up offering you a "discount" on the item for about 20-30 more dollars off. It works great.
Yep, saved me a few bucks a few times. :D

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
RC Dad, if I am an addict, then you should feel a little guilty- you're my dealer. don't be an enabler :D ha ha ha
LOL...

I'll have to keep an eye on your consumption. :p

Deluge

GTS 666 said:
Mine is actually a smartech too. But it wouldnt surprise me that they are all the same. It's the car that I have spent the least on and have had no probs. But if you hit a kerb and smash it will cost you big time as concrete doesn't have much give.
Isn't that the truth!

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
Yep! Love how that works.

Guantanamo Joe

I learned a valuble lesson... we used to go to the skate park with my grave digger and my jato... but skate park cement is just not made for the MT and dunerunner... even the smallest hit where the frame makes solid contact with cement can do serious damage. That is how I knocked the head loose on the dunerunner.

GTS 666

The number one advise I would give to anyone that wants to run on road is to have some where to run it. I have a few industrial estates but usually they are covered with lose gravel from trucks dragging dirt on to the road which sucks as you might as well be on ice it is just to slippery. I struggle to find a good spot where I live but I know that alot of people would have access to nice car parks and open concrete. Other wise going onroad is awesome fun.

Deluge

Did you have to do anything to it to make it reliable? Would make an awesome drag car with that body.

G

I'm lik'n that body also. Can't go wrong with a muscle car theme!

GTS 666

Deluge said:
Did you have to do anything to it to make it reliable? Would make an awesome drag car with that body.
To make it reliable all I did was piss off the 3 bolt clone engine which I modded and stuffed around with just for fun and then just put a Zen in and matched the exhaust . The stock servos aren't supper fast but seem to be fine for my use as I have no where to race anyway. The Tyres are hope less I have 2 glued together as I ripped them apart from doing some skids and donuts leaves black rubber marks all over the road. I'll buy some new ones once summer arrives and destroy the stock crap ones.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts