• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Turnigy on road car?

Guantanamo Joe

I kind of figured that it was not exactly top end... ha ha ha

I was curious about the FG parts though- if they fit it then maybe it's worth a shot... do you think that is the same type engine we use or something different?

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
I kind of figured that it was not exactly top end... ha ha haI was curious about the FG parts though- if they fit it then maybe it's worth a shot... do you think that is the same type engine we use or something different?
Probably another Zen clone, like CY and HY.

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
I kind of figured that it was not exactly top end... ha ha haI was curious about the FG parts though- if they fit it then maybe it's worth a shot... do you think that is the same type engine we use or something different?
Same style engine so I'm sure you could swap it out. I don't like how it is flat on the exhaust port side. Does not make fitting a smooth flowing pipe possible.

GTS 666

Got one siting on my shelf swapped out the clone engine and dropped in a 23cc Zen. It would supprise you how quick it is. The Tyres suck until you get them really hot. Mine doesn't have the body up in the air either it's nice and low. The pipe has been port matched to exhaust an seems to be fine IMO. It is a challenging car to run as it can spin out easy if you can't get heat into the Tyres. Lots of fun and easy to work on when summer gets here I will run it and show some vid.

Guantanamo Joe

do FG wheels and tires fit? their slicks are only about 60 bucks.

Also, do other FG parts fit this as I am sure I will break quite a few suspension pieces. Same question about the drive train.

MNRampage

I have the same car but made by smart tech. I run the stock motor,but did remove the air filter and installed the fg filter. The tires are not the best(almost like hard plastic) I run

PMT tires. Also I run the fg Honda accord body. All in all for the price it's a fun car to drive.

GTS 666

Mine is actually a smartech too. But it wouldnt surprise me that they are all the same. It's the car that I have spent the least on and have had no probs. But if you hit a kerb and smash it will cost you big time as concrete doesn't have much give.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts