• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

tuned pipes

James1996

Is there a big sound difference in the redcat rampage mt stock muffler vs the cpi tuned redcat rampage pipe? and will this pipe fit on my redcat rampage mt with the body on without cutting bits out of the body to make it fit.

REVOlutionary Rampage

It's a night and day difference as far as performance. It is louder than stock but not excessive. It is no louder than a gas weedwacker AFAIK. You do have to cut the body behind the rear window in the bed area. Also, the rear taillight panel on the left plus trim the left rear fender well in the front. but its nothing that cant be done with a dremel and time. I have had it on my MT since August or Sept and I still say it was worth the money.

James1996

Thanks for the info do you have any pictures of how much of the body you cut and what it looks like thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

REVOlutionary Rampage

Sorry, I don't have any recent pics. I'll try to get some within the next couple days. It really isn't that hard though. If you've ever trimmed a body after you painted it. This is about the same idea. Just mark where the pipe touches and trim it back accounting for the body & pipe moving. You don't have to hack much off. If the pipe isn't touching the body your good. It isn't as hard as it sounds. A dremel helps, if you've got one just take your time. Turn the dremel down so it's going slow, but fast enough to cut through the lexan. Good Luck

REVOlutionary Rampage

Side Pic

Left Rear Wheel arch Pic

Top In Bed pic

James1996

thanks for the pics didnt think you had to cut the bed of the truck, could you get away with it by adjusting the body posts

Trickle007

Contributor
James1996 said:
thanks for the pics didnt think you had to cut the bed of the truck, could you get away with it by adjusting the body posts
Nope..... I never cut my body and ran in with the posts set as high as they go and burned a quarter size hole in my body whee the pipes sits at its highest point I suck at cutting in fine detail so where it burned it actually looks like it was made like that...

I love my CPI pipe because of the rear exit to me it looks less likely to damage a rear exit pipe opposed to the side mounts.

REVOlutionary Rampage

Trickle007 said:
Nope..... I never cut my body and ran in with the posts set as high as they go and burned a quarter size hole in my body whee the pipes sits at its highest point I suck at cutting in fine detail so where it burned it actually looks like it was made like that...I love my CPI pipe because of the rear exit to me it looks less likely to damage a rear exit pipe opposed to the side mounts.
I have my posts set at stock level or a bit higher. I cut my body with my dremel which worked good but I kinda FUBARed the bed. But, it still came out pretty good. I have my posts pretty high, and still had to cut it that much. Plus I compensated for when the truck is going and the body is rattling. I love my CPI as well. I didn't like the look of the Jetpro's etc hanging off the side of the truck. It's a much cleaner look plus the truck is still a beast. :D

REVOlutionary Rampage

I can understand the hesitation with cutting the body. I was nervous as hell when I trimmed mine. But as long as you go slow, and just take a little off at a time. you'll be fine and it'll turn out good. Step one, Set the body on straight and as flat as you can get it. Step two, Cut a little each time, then repeat. First Step one, then two until it fits. It works really well to have a dremel handy then you can vary how much you take off by speed. I messed up a bit on the bed but it worked out good in the end. Unless you want to run with no body, It needs to be cut. Or, as Trickle found out you end up with a partially melted body.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts