• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

tuned pipe

markrufrider

hello my fellow redcat rampage dune runner owners right im in need of some info on tuned exhaust pipes for my new dune runner im going to use the standard fuelie 30.5 cc engine for now witch is a 2 bolt engine and i really like the look of the victory rc pipe it looks mean as but will it fit on from what i can see there may be an issue with shock tower mite need grinding or something and iv also been told don't run victory pipe on 2 bolt engine it will not run as well what about the predator v2 pipe any suggestions on that it looks more promising to me the way the pipe fits the hpi baja if any body can help and send me some pics of installation that would be brilliant thanks :)

Guantanamo Joe

Most folks run the Dominator from DDM. I have the Dominator V2 (Silenced) on mine and I had to do a lot more modifications than the folks with the unsilenced version. They just had to create some risers for the back end of their roll cage, I had to grind down the shock mount, remove the back bumper, and cut the top of the roll cage (including the wing) off. Once I am back in the states, I am just going to re-invent a new roll cage that fits over the pipe and mounts to the rear shock tower.

Deluge

I don't understand why you wouldn't want to run the VRC pipe on a 2 bolt engine? It'll perform just as well.

The Predator pipe is stainless steel, and stainless is tricky to weld if you end up having to mod it. I considered this pipe for my Baja, but from what I've read, the performance is lacking a bit.

Between the VRC and the Predator, I'd go with the VRC.

markrufrider

ok thanks for your replies as for the 2 bolt its just something i read on a thread on youtube it mite not even be correct i want the vrc pipe so its looking like its a must on that a side mount or rear mount version im still unsure of side mount could be a lot less hassle to mount than a rear mount version any suggestions on that will be great help

Deluge

The side mount will fit without modification. So yeah, it would be a lot easier to install.

markrufrider

thanks deluge appreciate your help cant wait for the big beast to arrive in the post will put some pics up when its done with pipe installed

Guantanamo Joe

Are we talking about the Side Dominator? I am pretty sure the DDM Side Dominator does not fit the Dunerunner without modification. The MT has a much wider frame than the DR, so it would need some custom bracket work to fit right.

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
Are we talking about the Side Dominator? I am pretty sure the DDM Side Dominator does not fit the Dunerunner without modification. The MT has a much wider frame than the DR, so it would need some custom bracket work to fit right.
Correct...

markrufrider

no we are talking about the victory rc side mount pipe and rear mount pipe for the hpi baja 5b i was just trying to find out if it fits the dune runner and it needs some small modification iv seen a pic on the forum with it mounted on a dune runner these pipes are the best and they look it to check them out

Deluge

Yep. Big bore engines and ported engines. They're great if you're looking for a bit more low end punch.

markrufrider

should i consider this on my redcat with the standard 30.5cc engine i get with my dune runner it is slightly more expensive ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

If you want more low end punch, go for it. The regular VRC pipe won't have as much off the line, but it'll rev higher than the big bore version. Depends on what you're looking to get out of your engine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts