• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Tuned-pipe Choice

ika

What about CPI vs jetpeo?

Phill

hombre said:
Phill do u have a pic with one of those pipes mounted and what did u have to modify to get them fitting
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/Phill53/Dunerunner/JetproRear_zps99beefcd.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/Phill53/Dunerunner/Jetproside_zps35258516.jpg

No real hassle to fit

A bit tight around the shock tower and you'll need to cut an allen key down to get the left side bolt in.

Apart from that all good.

I used spacers to lift the wing mount a little cause I thought it was a bit close to the pipe.

rcgasser

Ice_2k said:
Where did you get the silencer for the jet pro rear mount? Does it have a negative effect on performance?
No negativity just make sit run quieter contact dino at jetpro and they will hook you up.

Phill

rcgasser said:
just great I have not had any problem with it on the DR now on the chimera I had to go up to a higher grade of silicone.
Thanks for the reply :)

Dongskie

An aluminum spacer with fins sandwiched by 2 asbestos-like gaskets.

An issue I encountered here is that the weld around the tube at the mounting plate is too thick that the screws are over the welds when I tightened them. I might need to dremel a few.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dongskie

I was able to fit pipe around the cage, but I had to cut-off about an inch an a quarter of a plastic to accommodate the first bend of the tuned pipe, see photo below.

Dongskie

The lower mount is also almost aligned, just needed a little bending and some spacers.

The rear plastic support that acts as bumpers too had to be removed. Maybe it can be installed back with a few mods and extension bars to hold it.

Phill

Dongskie said:
Hi Phil, I ran for 20mins yesterday on my DR and fortunately the rear part of the cage/wing mount didn't show any melting at all.I also noticed a HUGE release of power!!

Great news

A pipe really makes a difference

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.