• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

TT on ebay

rampagemt

There's a tt on eBay and I am very interested but upon looking at pics I see it must be a v2 as I don't see the droop taps on the suspension arms. My question is how does the v2 stack up against the v3? Like durability. Are the diffs different. Am I able to switch the v3 diffs into the v2 cases as I have a v3 mt and don't wanna have to buy different spare parts for everything

G

It will take the V3 parts. The V2 also has the plastic gears and plate.

rampagemt

I just won the tt for 485 and shipping was included!! Can't wait! Has side dom with a 23cc. Plan on putting a full mod 29.5 from gizmomotors in it

rampagemt

Oh I am like a kid again on Christmas morning! With the v2 there is no tabs on the chassis and suspension arms...are the limiting straps needed to keep the dogbones and everything at a good angle? And the diffs are they the same as the v3?

G

rampagemt said:
Oh I am like a kid again on Christmas morning! With the v2 there is no tabs on the chassis and suspension arms...are the limiting straps needed to keep the dogbones and everything at a good angle? And the diffs are they the same as the v3?
The diff cases are slightly different.

The limiting straps keep the shocks from taking all the force from the full suspension droop. The shocks will keep it together, but if you like to be airborne a lot, I'd recommend the straps.

G

DDM has the Killer RC versions. You would need two sets because you would utilize the fronts. Since they are designed for the Baja the rears are too long.

rampagemt

How would I go about building limiting cables? Like stainless steel cable and clamps or what? Sorry I never seen these

92 vert

RCDAD said:
The diff cases are slightly different.The limiting straps keep the shocks from taking all the force from the full suspension droop. The shocks will keep it together, but if you like to be airborne a lot, I'd recommend the straps.
Can newer V3 cases be used on a older V2 car??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts