• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Trying to take off my stock (square) wheel mount

ChuenouXiao

How do I take it off? I took off two of the screws but that mount won't budge at all! What is the correct way of taking it off? Please help me Racers!!!

cordy

You could try heating it with a hair dryer to loosen the locktite. Lock the axle so it don't turn then grab the square with chanel lock pliers and twist it off.

ChuenouXiao

THANK YOU, with a combination of your tips and brute force.... I've manage to take all four stock wheel mount off. Only one is re-usable, the other three is completely ugly and not worth being re-used. Dam! Why so much loctite?

DemonRC

Sometimes the set screws will bite into the edges of the flat part and deform it. This will make it difficult to remove. The easiest way to remove it is to put the nut back on the thread, remove the dogbone, and hit the nut with a hammer while holding the wheel hub. This will force the entire axle out the backside of the hub and the wheel square will fall on the floor.

DO NOT DO THIS WITHOUT THE NUT ON THE AXLE. YOU WILL DAMAGE THE THREADS AND WILL NOT GET THE NUT BACK ON.

rcgasser

DO NOT DO THIS WITHOUT THE NUT ON THE AXLE. YOU WILL DAMAGE THE THREADS AND WILL NOT GET THE NUT BACK ON.

Boy do I totally agree has to learn this the hard way!!!!!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts