• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Try to install aluminum steering hubs...

Mike4130

I just bought part#050006b aluminum Front steering hubs and I 'm having a tough time figuring it out. It seems when I tighten both the top & bottom bolts, the hub locks into place. I also noticed the design is different from the factory version and there are 2 different versions of this part when I google it. WTF?!?!?!

Has anyone purchased these and had good results installing them?

It almost seems as though I need to not tighten the bolts all the way and use loc-tite to hold them in place. If that's the case I don't want them.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

The second pic is the old design. It was changed a few years back. A lot of sites never updated their part photos.

Don't crank the bolts tight. Make sure you have the bushings installed use loctite and just snug them up. I have them on my MT with no issues.

You also may need to use shorter bolts so they don't rub on the CVD cup.

rampage idiot

I had to play with mine for a while but what RCDAD said is what I did and had no problems after

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.