• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

truck body on TT?

speedyd

Banned
dboozer has a truck body on a tt,my old cat had an asgaurd. nounting a truck body gives you the best of both worlds tuff truck looks and buggy like speed and handling!

DemonRC

Kryptonite has a video up with his MT mounted low on his TT. It looks good. Here's the vid:

kryptonite

biggiecamp said:
Thanks for your help guys. I wasn't real keen on the huge tires and the higher price. Looks like my next adventure will be a converted TT.
ya mean eather. don't really like buggies that much.. the stock wing mounts on the body with origanel hardware. the remaining wing mount adds perfect supprt for the shell too. the same shell on my mt cracks all over. but "slammed" down on the tt is a perfect mach for the shell torment truggy.jpg

/monthly_2009_05/583c605805111_tormenttruggy.jpg.edd4d0d37704f781d999f96261319613.jpg

Z

ZielkeRacing

Kryptonite's truck is just awsome lookin'. Looks fast, low and stable. I like it! I would do it if mine were a buggy.

DemonRC

kryptonite said:
ya mean eather. don't really like buggies that much.. the stock wing mounts on the body with origanel hardware. the remaining wing mount adds perfect supprt for the shell too. the same shell on my mt cracks all over. but "slammed" down on the tt is a perfect mach for the shell
Hey Kryp, so you just tuck the drive side of the body inside the chassis and it'll clear the pipe ok? Also, let us know how that FG 2009 MT body fits around the pipe. I think that's what you said you ordered. One last thing. Howd you mount the wing to the body?

kryptonite

catchaser said:
Hey Kryp, so you just tuck the drive side of the body inside the chassis and it'll clear the pipe ok? Also, let us know how that FG 2009 MT body fits around the pipe. I think that's what you said you ordered. One last thing. Howd you mount the wing to the body?
i just trimmed the lower section off. the it just sits right on the outside of the chassis. there is enough clearance from the pipe so it doesn't rub. only the nose of the pipe rubs, but only under vibration. as far as mounting the wing, i just removed the adjustable section of the wing mount and turned them long ways. installed them on the inside of the shell using body clipssorry for the bright pic, flash was on new mcd shell 011.JPG

/monthly_2009_05/583c60580b6b0_newmcdshell011.JPG.6e83bb487388e2d94a323c4f80f6f42f.JPG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts