• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Traxxas Servo

G

Anyone have any experience with this servo? I'm wondering if it can handle a 2S lipo. I'll probably just throw in a Hitec to be safe.

D57DBF1B-38A2-4117-B5AE-CCE0905FE1A6-2503-000003AD7789A413_zps21921d6f.jpg

G

But don't they have a bec to step down the voltage for the servos and receiver. Most electrics have it built into the esc.

Motakitty

The one good thing it has going for it is that it's waterproof but it has plastic gears and yes not very strong

G

That's what I thought.

It's outa there.... :)

Stygian

Banned
RCDAD said:
Anyone have any experience with this servo? I'm wondering if it can handle a 2S lipo. I'll probably just throw in a Hitec to be safe.
I have two of them in my revo 3.3 that work great and have had zero issues with them

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

G

I tried it on the lipo receiver pack. Seemed to do fine. I'll save it for one of the smaller cars.

Stygian

Banned
Yeah they work good on 10th scales I believe my rustler vxl uses it too

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

REVOlutionary Rampage

You should be fine IMO. Traxxas now sells Lipos, that servo is standard equipment on some of their RTR's I'm sure they have figured out the two will go together at some point. BTW I have been running that servo in my MT on 6v as a throttle servo for 3 years with no problems whatsoever.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

The Traxxas servo was much slower than the 5685 I replaced it with.

G

I started using the Hitec 5685 for throttle/brake when I went to lipo receiver packs. It is a great performing servo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts