• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Toe in

Stygian

Banned
MrMeatHooks said:
Cool deal, I was pleased with it. It will be slightly toed in still, but atleast it wont look like it was dropped off the roof of your house, with only the wheels hitting the ground when it hit.
that made me LOL so hard. I was also thinking, can the front lower suspension arms be used on the back as they are almost the same one is just longer than the other, would that help the way it toes in?

MrMeatHooks

Stygian said:
that made me LOL so hard. I was also thinking, can the front lower suspension arms be used on the back as they are almost the same one is just longer than the other, would that help the way it toes in?
LOL, I say the wierdest things sometimes. But as far as the arms, I don't think so man. Part numbers are dff. Just get the aluminum braces ( A good investment anyway ) and you'll be set up right.

Stygian

Banned
Yeah, maybe I will take one of the arms and see if it will fit the back and experiment that's what makes this hobby so fun, options are endless.

Stygian

Banned
So much for fixing the toe in any time soon, 050017 is out of stock and it will probably 13years before it's restocked lol. I ordered 050016 for the front so I can have matching going to see if it will work for the rear if so I will just order another 050016 but on a good note they have the aluminum body posts back in stock.

MrMeatHooks

I was looking at those, they will change Camber, not toe.

front.jpg

front.jpg

/monthly_2013_05/front.jpg.411e01e6e8c4ea101666823fa9ad81a0.jpg

G

MrMeatHooks said:
RCDAD,Where can I get that front bumper you have ? Things sweet! Would it work with the truck body? Is there a rear one also?
They are Baja parts that have been modified to fit.

rcgasser

Stygian said:
So much for fixing the toe in any time soon, 050017 is out of stock and it will probably 13years before it's restocked lol. I ordered 050016 for the front so I can have matching going to see if it will work for the rear if so I will just order another 050016 but on a good note they have the aluminum body posts back in stock.
The 050017 is back in stock

G

Stygian said:
Were they hard modify to get them to fitSent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
I had to fab and weld the top brace. The bottom section is a Baja rear bumper cut to fit. It took some work.

Stygian

Banned
I fixed the toe in issue, I adjusted the top rear suspension arms and it adjusted the toe in to zero

G

Stygian said:
I fixed the toe in issue, I adjusted the top rear suspension arms and it adjusted the toe in to zero
That would be camber. ;)

Motakitty

With suspension there are two adjustments I the rear the camber which is how much the top of the tire is tilted inward or outward and toe is how much the front or rear of the tire is tilted inward or outward both of which could be adjusted with the right type of suspension arm, but on our trucks the upper suspension arm adjusts the camber only. Techniqually you could adjust both toe and camber from the lower suspension arm

rampage idiot

Motakitty said:
With suspension there are two adjustments I the rear the camber which is how much the top of the tire is tilted inward or outward and toe is how much the front or rear of the tire is tilted inward or outward both of which could be adjusted with the right type of suspension arm, but on our trucks the upper suspension arm adjusts the camber only. Techniqually you could adjust both toe and camber from the lower suspension arm
The upper arm adjusts camber with the new control arm shaft holders with the bushings you can only adjust toe the adjusment moves the back of the lower arm in or out it does not change camber at all really if it does anything else i would say it changes caster a bit also!

Motakitty

rampage idiot said:
The upper arm adjusts camber with the new control arm shaft holders with the bushings you can only adjust toe the adjusment moves the back of the lower arm in or out it does not change camber at all really if it does anything else i would say it changes caster a bit also!
Gotcha I stand corrected:D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts