• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Toe in

Stygian

Banned
Please tell me there's a way to get rid of the toe in I can't stand that the rear tires have such a huge toe in and would love to make them straight, don't really care if it effects how it turns or what not, I just think it looks retarded :D

MrMeatHooks

YEP!

Its easy! Take the control arm shaft out of the rear lower/arm.. After that, you will see an off-set bushing, flip it. Im talking about the rear bushing, the furthest back. This will brng your total toe closer to zero, straight ahead. I did this and the truck looks and handles better. Good luck.

Stygian

Banned
MrMeatHooks said:
YEP! Its easy! Take the control arm shaft out of the rear lower/arm.. After that, you will see an off-set bushing, flip it. Im talking about the rear bushing, the furthest back. This will brng your total toe closer to zero, straight ahead. I did this and the truck looks and handles better. Good luck.
Nice, if possible could you show a pic, sorry still a noob one what parts are what.

G

Here you can see the bushings. 7179

Stygian

Banned
No I have a mt well o have a xb too but want ton change it on my mt

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Stygian

Banned
Jfetzer said:
You Cant change the rear toe on the mt like you can on the xb.
Are you sure because I think people on here have done it

Jfetzer

Stygian said:
Are you sure because I think people on here have done itSent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
There isnt multiple positions on the mt likelike the xb.

Im sure you can but not with the stock parts like you can with the xb,xt.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

The MT doesn't have much toe in. Do you have a top view pic of your truck?

Stygian

Banned
RCDAD said:
The MT doesn't have much toe in. Do you have a top view pic of your truck?
That roll cage is bad ass so are the bumpers I don't have one but I will go grab one

MrMeatHooks

Yep, toed in good. Mine was like that and it looked retarded. Correcting the toe made the truck track better and roll more freely. In my experience atleast. Here is a pic proving it can be changed. You will need the 050017 aluminum control arm holder for the rear arms. I believe the plastic braces are fixed and can not be adjusted.I should add to my statement, if the truck was 2-wheel drive I could see toeing in the rear, but its not, it has 4 tires pulling and pushing the truck at the same time and is un necessary for any benefit IMO. How many real 4x4s look like that? Camber actually helps traction more than any of the suspension angles.

rear brace.jpg

rear brace.jpg

/monthly_2013_05/583c606852ba3_rearbrace.jpg.a66899c63ddb8ee09544f191e22b0967.jpg

Stygian

Banned
MrMeatHooks said:
Yep, toed in good. Mine was like that and it looked retarded. Correcting the toe made the truck track better and roll more freely. In my experience atleast. Here is a pic proving it can be changed. You will need the 050017 aluminum control arm holder for the rear arms. I believe the plastic braces are fixed and can not be adjusted.I should add to my statement, if the truck was 2-wheel drive I could see toeing in the rear, but its not, it has 4 tires pulling and pushing the truck at the same time and is un necessary for any benefit IMO. How many real 4x4s look like that? Camber actually helps traction more than any of the suspension angles.
Sweet, thanks man, I will get that part ordered asap and I totally agree with your statement, you don't see 4x4s with toe in and personally I think it looks super tacky.

MrMeatHooks

Cool deal, I was pleased with it. It will be slightly toed in still, but atleast it wont look like it was dropped off the roof of your house, with only the wheels hitting the ground when it hit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts