• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

tires are locked up

slyfox250

the tires on my Chimera SR are locked up I can manually turn one tire and the opposite tire spins opposite. It will not roll on the ground as none of the tires will spin. the engine still runs and the throttle still works it just wont go anywhere what can cause this?

barski20002000

Check the gears under the engine were the lay shaft is my lay shaft mount blew up on the weekend

therealrsr

bound somewhere in drivetrain from the transmission to center drive gear. Check tranny for debris or mangled teeth, check lay shaft to drive gear for same, check gear protruding through bottom chassis plate for debris, finally check to make sure you do not have a blown bearing causing the bind. Good luck.

slyfox250

thx all

I am pretty sure it was a rock I removed the side gear cover and turned the gears by hand then they all spun and i found a decent sized rock on my floor

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.