• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Tires and stuff

CyberVet65

Contributor
Seeing that there is not a big choice in tires and wheels for the MT, I guess the option is to install the adapter kit to run HPI. Since most of the tires are sold with wheels and beadlocks, I there a place to just buy wheels? Nice shiny wheels? And then some ratty plastic wheels for running in the sagebrush and stuff?

Any advantage to going to the HPI adapters other than increasing your choice of rubber?

Is there a place to get "fancy" beadlocks? Or a place to get some "bling" on the wheels?

CyberVet65

Contributor
What are the blue 1/2 rings on the inside of the wheel? They slide right off but I can't see what they are for?

And just try to get some replacement beadlocks. Pshhhh!

G

The blue rings reinforce the wheel. They help prevent the plastic from cracking.

G

The rings only come with the wheels.

You could build another truck, or a buggy ( TT )

CyberVet65

Contributor
The Proline Trenchers and what wheel? They won't fit on the MT wheels. And is there a particular size to look for? I sure don't want tires for an 1/8th or 1/10th or even 1/4 scale! :D

G

Most will run all rears.

Silent_chaos

ok, so Redcat tires wear out pretty fast. (Around 6th or 7th tank)

Most Redcat owners use HPI tires instead. In order to fit those tires, you need to install an HPI to Redcat Wheel Adaptor.

Link: http://www.rcpitstop.net/wheel-adapters.html

And then install a wide variety of HPI tires. One of widely known and used set is the Rear Trenchers with Desperado rims. They’re extremely durable and made for extreme bashing.

Link: http://www.davesmotors.com/pn1155-13.html

however, you need to ask RCDAD which adapter is suitable to run those on the MT

CyberVet65

Contributor
Well that was an exercise for the hands! Put the foams in got the wheels in.....finally, only to realize the holes gotta line up!

My wife says it sounds like alligator wrestling going on in the garage!

Sure look good.

Coming down to the wire here. Going to be mixing gas soon!

And driving the neighborhood crazy!

Silent_chaos

Nice. Glad to hear that. I didnt get the trenchers and the rims separate. Got them as preinstalled from the factory. DDM sold them like these

I don't have any experience in them but i think you shld glue the wheel to the rim? Already did that?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.