• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Tire/wheel ??

crazyfast

I have the HPI baja adapters and 2 sets of wheels/tires. One set is a knobby 7.5"x2.75" and the other is an all terrian 6.75"x3.125" and fronts are about 2.5". I run the smaller set with my xsc body, but the other set I only run because they came with the truck.

I'd like a larger wheel/tire for when I run the XT body. I'm thinking of just running the MT wheels/tires. How big are the MT tires, how do those mount and would there be any issues with steering? This is the steering servo I have. XQ-S5040D 162g 0.18sec/60° 40KG/7.2V Heavy Duty High torque Digital Metal Servo.

Are the MT tires as bad as the stock XT tires? Thinking maybe I should sell/trade my 7.5" knobby set pictured below for the MT's???

Ildy666

Mt tires last forever but are heavy and they wont fit on the xt with out alot of mods.imex rc has big size tires for the xt....

crazyfast

What exactly are the mods that need to be done? I have already upgraded the hubs/bearings and am running the 10mm axles. A buddy of mine just said he might have a spare set of MT tires burried in his garage somewhere.

I appreciate the info!

G

crazyfast said:
What exactly are the mods that need to be done? I have already upgraded the hubs/bearings and am running the 10mm axles. A buddy of mine just said he might have a spare set of MT tires burried in his garage somewhere.I appreciate the info!
There currently is no 22mm adapter. You would have to swap your rear drive cups and front CVDs with the Chimera versions. Then mount the 22mm Chimera adapters.

G

FYI...

A set of MT wheels & tires weighs about 10lbs. Heavy is an understatement. They are the coolest MT tires out there though....

crazyfast

RCDAD said:
There currently is no 22mm adapter. You would have to swap your rear drive cups and front CVDs with the Chimera versions. Then mount the 22mm Chimera adapters.
Yup... that's a bit more effort than it's worth lol.

RCDAD said:
FYI...They are the coolest MT tires out there though....
Which ones are you referring too? And anyone know how I can contact imexrc to see how tall these wheels and tires are? And I'm assuming they'll fit my Baja adapters??

G

Which ones are you referring too? And anyone know how I can contact imexrc to see how tall these wheels and tires are? And I'm assuming they'll fit my Baja adapters??
I was referring to the Redcat MT wheels & tires.

They do mount on the Baja adapter.

They are as tall as the MT tire which is about 8". Here is a pic comparing the two.

crazyfast

PERFECT!! Say you wouldn't happen to wanna sell those would ya? I just noticed imexrc is out of stock. Found 1 pair on Amazon but I need 4 not 2 lol.

G

They are not mine. It's a pic I saved from another member. This question comes up every once and a while.

Silent_chaos

Just go with the Trenchers.

if you can't find an adapter, ask your local machinist to fabricate/Mill one for you.

crazyfast

timberbill11 said:
Crayfast...........I have a set (4) of MT tires & wheels.

PM me if interested.
I appreciate it but I actually just ordered these today.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/IMEX-Scale-Baja-Mounted-Jumbo/dp/B005LIYUZC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390005097&sr=8-1&keywords=imex+j-7[/ame]

Where in MI are you? send me a PM and maybe we can meet up for a bash? I still might be interested in those MT's if the $ is right. Will have to have some adapters machined and that could add up quick lol. My dad and younger brother also have XT's. We plan on hitting up dunes (or anywhere with sand) a few times this summer. And definitely catching the B&L Sand Toys 1/5 scale meet in June.

laxbro19

crazyfast said:
I appreciate it but I actually just ordered these today.http://www.amazon.com/IMEX-Scale-Baja-Mounted-Jumbo/dp/B005LIYUZC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390005097&sr=8-1&keywords=imex+j-7

Where in MI are you? send me a PM and maybe we can meet up for a bash? I still might be interested in those MT's if the $ is right. Will have to have some adapters machined and that could add up quick lol. My dad and younger brother also have XT's. We plan on hitting up dunes (or anywhere with sand) a few times this summer. And definitely catching the B&L Sand Toys 1/5 scale meet in June.
Crazyfast the dunes are really fun! We should meet up there sometime this summer?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts