• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

tire / wheel options for xb

MNRampage

what are the options available for tire/wheel hopups for the xb ?

is the stock tire package ok for bashing ?

anyone running anything else ?

G

You will be replacing them sooner then later. Actuall the tires aren't too bad, but the foams disintegrate after a few tanks of run time. You can boil off the tires and make your own foam or you can do what most do and just run the Baja wheels.

You will need the x to Baja adapters http://www.rcpitstop.net/wheel-adapters.html that opens up the door to many wheel and tire options.

Deluge

Baja adapters and you're golden. Tons of tire options. Really depends on where you're running, though. Some tires bash better than others.

Trip..

It depends on what size your threads are on your car. Look at your stock wheels and if there are little "Lugnuts" molded in the plastics around the wheel nut then you have the 6mm, if there aren't any "Lugnuts" molded in the wheel, then you have the 10mm shafts. The 6mm were the earlier version and the 10mm are the later.

A 10mm socket takes off the wheel nuts on the 6mm shafts and I believe a 13mm is required for the 10mm shafts.

Kaz the Minotaur

Do the front and rear Baja rims mount differently?

I thought I remembered the first RedCat to Baja adapters being different in the front?

G

Kaz the Minotaur said:
Do the front and rear Baja rims mount differently?I thought I remembered the first RedCat to Baja adapters being different in the front?
The adapters are different on the Bajas since they are just RWD. The wheel hexs are the same.

Deluge

Obviously they're different on the Bajas. But the Baja to Redcat adapters are the same. The wheels mount up the same. They're not front and rear specific.

G

Anything designated rear for the Baja will work on all four for the MT/DR.

Kaz the Minotaur

I'll admit that this might be a dumb question but... Do you have to buy the bead lock rings seperately for the Baja wheels? Looks like most of the stock pictures are missing the outside ones?

G

Most of the wheels come with a set of beadlocks. What ones are you look'n at?

G

The HPI wheels don't. Most of the aftermarket wheels do.

So if you get the standard HPI stars you will also need to order the beadlocks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts