• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Tire Options...

Ice_2k

I already ordered 4 rear tarmac busters for onroad driving. For dirt/grass I'll stick with the stock tires until they wear out, I guess there shouldn't be so much transmission stress on loose surfaces. When they wear, I'll probably go with 4 bowtie tires for offroad.

phreerider

Ice_2k said:
So upgrading the servo should make it ok to run 4 paddles?
big paddles on front, i would suggest 2 servos . you are gonna want that game to last. with "one at a time " its easy to eat them quick!

Ice_2k

Isn't a dual servo setup difficult to achieve on the DR? I saw people recommending the hitec 5765 for the MT, which has the dual servo setup. Would this servo be a good choice for the DR's single servo setup? 25kg/cm of torque seems like a lot.

4 sand buster rears @ the beach:

Last edited by a moderator:

phreerider

paddle tires like in the vid need alot of power thru the driveline which in turn is punishing on the clutch , as apparent in vid. the stock motor is working (but struggling )definitely need more than stock for real rip power with that setup.

so the more power thru the driveline the MORE power is needed to turn the tires effectively, thats why 2 servos will give SO much better action.

one servo will work but ON throttle steer will be pretty weak if not absent at times especially with solid power (like 5-6+hp) .

cool thing about hobbying models like this is you can make whatever u want . and making a DR with dual servos is kinda what your choosing with big front paddles. lotta room on the model for dual servo mod steering , ganged together or separate.

Ice_2k

i see what you're saying. I'm planning on some engine upgrades for my 32cc (already ordered WT-1107, intake manifold, 1" velocity stack, jetpro rear mount, 8k rpm clutch) so I'm hoping it will be ok power-wise (don't know how many hp this will amount to, but I'm guessing/hoping it's gonna be significantly better than stock).

As for the dual servo setup, can I just order MT parts or do I need to actually make it? If it's the latter, I'm at a loss :) )

phreerider

its is mod dependent. stick with the stock and see how it goes.

there are other servos for the job, hitec1000/900...just a bit pricey.

keep it fun and easy.

Ice_2k

I would say that $500+ for a servo is more than "a bit" pricey :p It's almost another Dunerunner :D

P.S. I didn't understand what you meant by "its is mod dependent".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts