• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

throttle servo stuck

surun211

Hey guys I was braking in my new mt and half a tank in the throttle servo wont move when I give it gas. Brake direction works but thats it. I moved it by hand and its not stuck, I think it toke a dump. Also I had to reset the carb cuz it seemed like it too slow of the line and it takes for ever to get up to speed, please help. :confused: :mad: :(

G

A 8000 rpm clutch will help with the take off.

surun211

Also I noticed the light weight belt drive plate has no mount holes for the cover and it also rubs when fully pushed in towards the plate

G

The cover can not be ran with the light weight plate.

Dreggsta

From what rc pitstop told me, & I'm not trying to act like I know it all, they said that the belt drive makes the gearing a little taller & works great w/xb sized tires. Anytime you put taller tires on any vehicle it effectively raises the gearing & those mt meats are really tall & prolly like twice as tall as the xb's tires. So my take on it is that the tall mt tires & the taller gearing of the belt drive has made your gearing really tall & moved you out of your lower power band but your top end should be crazy if you have enough power to use it. Maybe an 8k (or higher) clutch spring will help. I'll let the guys that have these cars chime in on that. I'm just going off my mechanical experience on trucks & atv's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ildy666

Dreggsta said:
From what rc pitstop told me, & I'm not trying to act like I know it all, they said that the belt drive makes the gearing a little taller & works great w/xb sized tires. Anytime you put taller tires on any vehicle it effectively raises the gearing & those mt meats are really tall & prolly like twice as tall as the xb's tires. So my take on it is that the tall mt tires & the taller gearing of the belt drive has made your gearing really tall & moved you out of your lower power band but your top end should be crazy if you have enough power to use it. Maybe an 8k (or higher) clutch spring will help. I'll let the guys that have these cars chime in on that. I'm just going off my mechanical experience on trucks & atv's.
U got it right.bigger heavier tires and 30/30 gear ratio and stock clutch spring makes it slower off take off.thats why i asked about his gears being swapped but he did it by installing the 30/30 belt drive....

Dreggsta

I really like the belt drive. If there was a 35/25 or lower set up I'd be all in but I'm still impressed by it.

Ildy666

Dreggsta said:
I really like the belt drive. If there was a 35/25 or lower set up I'd be all in but I'm still impressed by it.
+1 on that.its a nice setup i wish there were more gearing options.we'll i'm still hoping for demons 2 speed to come out.....fingers crossed...lol...

Dreggsta

I'm still new to the rc scene. I read a topic from demonrc I think bout putting in a 42/46cc motor & a 2 speed granny was mentioned in it. I'll do a search & see what I can find to be more informed. topic went to demon rc's site & it hasn't been updated in a long while.

G

Dreggsta said:
I am trying to get the manufacture to send me a couple more ratios to try.

Dreggsta

That is very good news rcdad. Reduction of rotational mass is not new to me. It'd be nice to have the 35-25 set up. Not to mention maybe one a lil lower to help w/real tall tires. Thanks for the update sir!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts