• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

The Reed Engine!

ChuenouXiao

Last edited by a moderator:
G

I believe it should bolt right in. OBR would be able to tell you for sure.

The torque is great for when you need some grunt to get a heavy 4wd moving. You notice it when accelerating. The XB is light so I would opt for the high rpm version. I run the OBR 27.2 FMLR. I love the rpms it produces. Almost sounds like a nitro. :D

G

First mine is a 27.2cc

The FMLR stands for full mod long rod.

OBRs Prostock is their entry level motor with mild porting or tuning.

The FMLR has much more porting work done and the installation of the crank and longer piston rod. Here is what goes into one.

1. Machine combustion chamber

2. Reshape piston*

3. Lighten piston*

4. Relieve*piston to prevent seizes*

5. Modify intake port for better flow*

6. Adjust intake*duration to our specs*

7. Resurface all ports*

8. Modify transfer ports for better flow*

9. Enlarge and reshape exhaust port*

10. Adjust exhaust*duration to our specs*

11. Remove stock crank and install Syndicate 2mm stroker crankshaft with +3mm connecting rod*

12. Install all new gaskets and c-clips when engine is assembled*

13. Re-bevel all porting and stock bevels to prevent damage to the piston and/or cylinder

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
First mine is a 27.2ccThe FMLR stands for full mod long rod.

OBRs Prostock is their entry level motor with mild porting or tuning.

The FMLR has much more porting work done and the installation of the crank and longer piston rod. Here is what goes into one.

1. Machine combustion chamber

2. Reshape piston*

3. Lighten piston*

4. Relieve*piston to prevent seizes*

5. Modify intake port for better flow*

6. Adjust intake*duration to our specs*

7. Resurface all ports*

8. Modify transfer ports for better flow*

9. Enlarge and reshape exhaust port*

10. Adjust exhaust*duration to our specs*

11. Remove stock crank and install Syndicate 2mm stroker crankshaft with +3mm connecting rod*

12. Install all new gaskets and c-clips when engine is assembled*

13. Re-bevel all porting and stock bevels to prevent damage to the piston and/or cylinder
How many HP does your put out? What was your price when you purchased it? The reed compared to yours?

G

I would have gone with the reed as they are awesome. They weren't out yet when I bought mine. I would have paid the difference. :D

Mine is rated @ 7.5hp I think I paid $500 during the Christmas sale.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
I would have gone with the reed as they are awesome. They weren't out yet when I bought mine. I would have paid the difference. :D Mine is rated @ 7.5hp I think I paid $500 during the Christmas sale.
Do you think our cats can handle the Reed? What parts should be mandatory regarding upgrade to handle the Reed for Redcat? :D

GTS 666

Well I hope so I've got a TS Reed in my MT and have ran it a few times with no issues but I've been away from home since January for work. There is a few things I think will help. First temper dif cups. Make dif cup savers and do not run the MT Tyres as there just to heavy. I would also go for the high RPM motor from ONB as the Reed engines have heaps more torque than a piston port engine.

ChuenouXiao

GTS 666 said:
Well I hope so I've got a TS Reed in my MT and have ran it a few times with no issues but I've been away from home since January for work. There is a few things I think will help. First temper dif cups. Make dif cup savers and do not run the MT Tyres as there just to heavy. I would also go for the high RPM motor from ONB as the Reed engines have heaps more torque than a piston port engine.
Remember mines is a XB :D Just a slight difference :D but it should work....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.