• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

the new rampage

reaganreagan

Great truck I am looking to get my hands on one. It will be my first Redcat hopefully I can get one quick.

countstevula

Contributor
So the 2nd run....the hummer body pic is from the beginning of the run...

IMG_0073104.jpg

Well the body didn't last too long before it cracked terribly. so I had to take it off. I was thinking I would fry the electronics before I broke anything else BUT suspension arms are my enemy again LOL. These are from the end of the run...

IMG_0074105.jpg

IMG_0075106.jpg

RampageHopUps

The good news is the last batch of 50054 have been changed. They are much beefier, but also have less threads to snap off. Steve, can you send me one of those broken ones so I can see exactly what went wrong? I'll send you a new set on Monday.

lightning73

Yeah I broke a few on some rough landings, but in other instances the breaks were not all that justified. Even still you gotta love examples like this, Redcat is an awesome company that listens to their customers problems and goes the distance to address them. Makes me proud to be a Redcat owner.... :)

countstevula

Contributor
unfortunately when the turnbuckle breaks off inside or flush with the arm itself there isnt much that can be done. unless u have the aluminum arms but u would have to get larger diameter turnbuckles and tap larger holes after drilling the broken turnbuckle out

Zapped

countstevula said:
unfortunately when the turnbuckle breaks off inside or flush with the arm itself there isnt much that can be done. unless u have the aluminum arms but u would have to get larger diameter turnbuckles and tap larger holes after drilling the broken turnbuckle out
Count, Actually there is something you can do.What I usually do is drill a hole in the broken piece and use screw extractors and self tapping screws to take the piece out.The extractor with the unscrewing motion locks it into the piece allowing you to unscrew it(that's for the right hand thread) and you can use a self tapping screw for the left hand thread.

countstevula

Contributor
Zapped said:
Count, Actually there is something you can do.What I usually do is drill a hole in the broken piece and use screw extractors and self tapping screws to take the piece out.The extractor with the unscrewing motion locks it into the piece allowing you to unscrew it(that's for the right hand thread) and you can use a self tapping screw for the left hand thread.
That's pretty cool Zapped!

Zapped

countstevula said:
That's pretty cool Zapped!
Happy to share it,If you cant find the replacement rods you can get a machine shop to make you some rods with the left and right hand threads.

countstevula

Contributor
So run #3 was pretty fun. First off, one of my front wheels popped off. The blue hex hub stuck inside my rim and the pin for the grey axle shaft came out! anyone else have this happen to them?! Also discovered that wheel is cracking around the center....tiny hairline cracks are just spiderwebbing through the plastic! After that, broke another rear upper suspension arm! Maybe I should stop jumping so hard.....but that probly won't happen :) My MT wasn't running very well today either..maybe it was Michigan's 20 degrees and snow/slush all around the carb too. I got a great video of jumping off a snowbank over a guard rail and into a corn field. If I can figure out how to get it off my phone I will try and post it!

countstevula

Contributor
Most recent pic of the rampage....installed a DDM dominator pipe and trimmed body to fit. Still haven't run the stock body yet :) put some mesh tape on the underside and sprayed truck bed liner material on it. Kinda looks like lightning73's rig now

IMG_0120160.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts