• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

the new rampage

lightning73

Well in that case you gotta love that it served more than one purpose, not too shabby it looks great!

countstevula

Contributor
Took the rampage out for a run...here is a pic of where I ran it right by my house. There are a bunch of ruts which that is how I think I stripped my rear diff. Also took a huge jump off that steep ledge in the picture and landed right on my body....see the picture. My first time out with the body and it's completely gone. 5 minutes, maybe 10 minutes tops and it's back in the repair shop (my basement) LOL I gotta be more careful with this thing! On the bright side though, the dominator pipe really woke it up and I'm happy with it so far.

IMG_0124162.jpg

IMG_0123163.jpg

lightning73

Ouch! that really sucks there goes my trucks twin....lol

Im kind of surprised that you stripped one of your diffs, thats not exactly known as one of the common problems with the Rampage. Guess it must be your "Evil Kinevil" driving style....lmao!

countstevula

Contributor
lightning73 said:
Ouch! that really sucks there goes my trucks twin....lol
Im kind of surprised that you stripped one of your diffs, thats not exactly known as one of the common problems with the Rampage. Guess it must be your "Evil Kinevil" driving style....lmao!
Haha the world is not ready for two lightning73's. I'm guessing rear diff because the "passenger" rear wheel you can hold with your hand while the rest of the wheels spin. And when the truck goes, it gets a case of the death wobbles bad over like 10mph. Like it's dragging one wheel along lol I will have to open it up this weekend and find out. I'm thinking I was gunning it over those ruts and it just caught funny and stripped it. Now to check the toolbox and see if I have spare gears.....

Should be getting my pro line body back from the hobby shop soon. Had it painted a flag them like the MGT flag body. We'll see how it turns out....it will be too valuable to run after seeing this one explode. I tried to hide my body explosion from my wife LOL But we went on a walk later and sure enough came across a huge section of broken body and she was like "does that belong to you???".

lightning73

Hmmm, Note to self "don't take wife on leisurely stroll down same path of previous R/C carnage"...lol... It will get you busted every time.... :p

As far as the proline body goes they are much tougher than the Rampage ones are. However if your having a costly paint job done on it I wouldnt bash with it either.

And your rite on the money when you said the world is not ready for two lightning73`s knowing myself, thats no kind of world I would want to live in....lmao!

powerslave69

twisted body

Awesome looking body. is that stock? Nice to be different from the rest. I think that's the first thing I'm gonna do, get an aftermarket body. I read your other post that you're selling your toys. Sorry to hear that. But I understand. had to wait too and paid some bills and now I'm ready to buy my first XT! Can't wait.

powerslave69

hmm....

Guess you got a major case of "I got the neeeeed....the need for SPEED!"

You're a wild man! :D But hey we gotta keep those hobby shops in business, right? So, go out there and make your donation :D

countstevula

Contributor
I bought it from an ebay seller that was parting out some shengqi hummers....its not worth it except for show in my opinion. Not very durable but looks awesome!

todgerx

countstevula said:
The new Rampage MT i just got from ups today. Some pics of it bone stock: DSCF0840.jpg

DSCF0838.jpg

DSCF0837.jpg

The Twisted decal on the back is from my LHS......check out http://www.twistedrc.com/
hi

were did u buy this from? looks very nice indeed.. i don't know weather to get the xt or the mt.. could u tell me is there a big difference?

thanks

countstevula

Contributor
todgerx said:
hiwere did u buy this from? looks very nice indeed.. i don't know weather to get the xt or the mt.. could u tell me is there a big difference?

thanks
I have not had an xt so I can't chime in there but the MT is huge and brings out a bigger smile on your face. I no longer have the MT but wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. Just get the MT!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts