• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

The Aluminum Look

G

So far this is what I plan to run on the XBE Rally when on the street.

This is a plastic wheel with a aluminum beadlock. The aluminum beadlock makes the wheel appear to be aluminum. Looks like aluminum without all the weight.

-

c5bbc53e.jpg

G

Picked up a paint pen on the way home. Thought I'd try some white lettering. I think I like it.

-

23d08f21.jpg

krashkrieg

Contributor
Just a thought, I gave up on chromed plastic wheels when the chrome on my flux would flake off like crazy. I had read that this is pretty common, but always thought if you sprayed several clear coats of some type of protective coating, it would help keep them from flaking? thoughts?

teedog12

white lettering looks pretty good. I wish rc tire company's would do it like full size company's do, if you don't like it just turn them to the inside.

krashkrieg

Contributor
teedog12 said:
white lettering looks pretty good. I wish rc tire company's would do it like full size company's do, if you don't like it just turn them to the inside.
Except Baja type tires aren't reversible... :(

G

Just a thought, I gave up on chromed plastic wheels when the chrome on my flux would flake off like crazy. I had read that this is pretty common, but always thought if you sprayed several clear coats of some type of protective coating, it would help keep them from flaking? thoughts?
The HPI stars are also bad for flaking. They flex a lot. We'll see how these hold up. I have chrome prolines on my MT. The beadlocks are really banged up so I know they have seen their share of rocks, but not any flaking or even a chip in the chrome finish. They have held up great.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts