• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Take A Look... DogBone

carp boyz

Banned
it's funny nobody's mentioned it yet but I was told not long ago by a few dudes here that the MCD dogbones were a better up-grade,you would think so seeing that MCD is not a cheap knock-off

Phill

crazyfast said:
AWESOME!! I've had this issue of the set screw loosening on the front CVD's allowing that pin to move and catch the carrier bolt on all 3 of our XT's. Running the rear dogbones up front will fix that issue... at least on my dad's and brother's. I'm still not giving up on the 2wd lol
I put Loctite on my set screws

Deluge

carp boyz said:
it's funny nobody's mentioned it yet but I was told not long ago by a few dudes here that the MCD dogbones were a better up-grade,you would think so seeing that MCD is not a cheap knock-off
They are definitely better, but they're hard to find. I got mine from LargeScaleRC, and it seems like they're always out of stock.

This is what you would need x 4:

MCD Rear drive shaft (Dog Bone) EVO2 & EVO3

T3X

does anyone know of a part number for the dogbone it self. im only finding a complete set on redcats website..

050009 is the complete set but i just need the bone...

i made a mistake today and bought 50034 but they are different design and shorter.. should have taken the busted part with me.. what a nub...

thanks

claude bigelow

Is this what your looking for?

T3X

u know what nvm i cant use dogbones, im goona have to but the full set because im looking at it now its a whole different setup to get it into the piece that you mount yout tires onto. i don't think the 50035 would work. its long enough im sure of it but to get the set screw back in for the pin wont be possible.

claude bigelow

T3X said:
u know what nvm i cant use dogbones, im goona have to but the full set because im looking at it now its a whole different setup to get it into the piece that you mount yout tires onto. i don't think the 50035 would work. its long enough im sure of it but to get the set screw back in for the pin wont be possible.
Ok no problem, I know it sucks to buy a whole set when you just need one piece. Good luck with it.

rcgasser

You can use the dogbone 50035 also you will have to have the wheel axel also 50032 then you will get rid of the cva and just have dogbones and cups.

kydo32

I just ordered dogbones and axles from ddm for my mt a week ago for front cause cvd broke dogbone part number is rc50034 and axles are rc50032

T3X

but 50034 are short thou... but with that on the 50032 will it be fitting snug with no play?

kydo32

T3X said:
but 50034 are short thou... but with that on the 50032 will it be fitting snug with no play?
they seem to fit fine even fully turned have no problems they are what replaces the cvds i found this out by another member and asked redcat racing i order thru ddm cause quick shipping and great people

Last edited by a moderator:

kydo32

T3X said:
yes the 133mm are little bit shorter and there is some play but it was the part # it was calling for

Deluge

You can get rid of some of that play by centering the dogbones. Push a piece of fuel line in the diff cup end and the axle end.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts