• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Take A Look... DogBone

T3X

imagejpg1_zpsef45cc3a.jpg

imagejpg2_zps7c923dd9.jpg

imagejpg3_zps1345c1f5.jpg

Is this normal for this to happen, also is there a better one i can replace with or just the ones from redcat. Thanks!

T3X

No clue, i did ome small sand oit jump amd mext thing i know im easily doing donuts. So brought it in amd thats what i found. Wat do u meam it looks stuffed?

T3X

Oh lol. Yes clearly tis broken.

T3X

Well i was drifting through a baseball diamond... but how would that cause it to break that bad thou?

and yah the diamond has like sandy gravel

TheCount

my MT did that to the right front before i ran boots. Now I run boots filled with Automotive CV joint grease. I really packed the grease into the joint. No issues since & that was 1year ago.

carp boyz

Banned
TheCount said:
my MT did that to the right front before i ran boots. Now I run boots filled with Automotive CV joint grease. I really packed the grease into the joint. No issues since & that was 1year ago.
what boots you runnin?

T3X

Yes it was a stocker. Anyone makes a hop up?

carp boyz

Banned
T3X said:
Yes it was a stocker. Anyone makes a hop up?
I've asked this question a few times and didn't get very many replies, so far I've been told the MCD dogbones are a bit better than the stock redcat cvd's and their regular dogbones,that's about it

crazyfast

It looks like there's a flat spot on the end of the pin (circled below), which could mean the set screws on the CVD (which holds that pin in place) could have wiggled loose allowing that pin to slide. If that pin slides to one side, it can actually catch the hub carrier bolt and jam... or break. That flat spot looks like it could have been caused by rubbing on the hub carrier bolt before jamming?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

That is a CVD. It does happen. They are prone to breakage if your wheels are turned and under power. Even more if turned and under power and landing from a jump.

crazyfast

So the fronts are called CVD's and the rears are dog bones?

Could you run dog bones in the front or is there a difference in the length?

rampage idiot

crazyfast said:
So the fronts are called CVD's and the rears are dog bones?Could you run dog bones in the front or is there a difference in the length?
Yes you can that is what I did on my MT. Or fastlane machine makes heavy duty stuff for the x-body and now for the MT

crazyfast

rampage idiot said:
Yes you can that is what I did on my MT. Or fastlane machine makes heavy duty stuff for the x-body and now for the MT
AWESOME!! I've had this issue of the set screw loosening on the front CVD's allowing that pin to move and catch the carrier bolt on all 3 of our XT's. Running the rear dogbones up front will fix that issue... at least on my dad's and brother's. I'm still not giving up on the 2wd lol

kydo32

rampage idiot said:
I noticed no redcat parts so what dogbones or cvd will match up to the rampage mt?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts