• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

sweet deal?? maybe?

GoffeeRedCat

So this guy on craigslist is selling his exceed barca..it looks like a dune runner!! He is selling it for $350 and has already taken it off craigslist for me!! My question is what's the difference between the dune runner and the exceed barca??

mulepic

I considered a barca but the only images I could go off of were on nitrorcx. And no one there knew much about them and why there were priced so differently. But you should be able to get one from them w/ their 10% off for $500. But now I have a DR and I can tell what is more different. The DR has a longer wheelbase, which is much needed for this scale. The DR has an aluminum gear plate and hardened gears. From the images the barca seems to have a composite gear plate and gears which when hot melt. The barca does have dual steering servos which I like but that can be difficult to deal w/ too. Just consider everything before buying and I don't think $350 is that good of a deal for that. I'd take the new one for $500 (even less) http://www.nitrorcx.com/15thgasrcbuggy.html

GoffeeRedCat

well this guy installed a head kit, a cpi exhaust, all savox servos! im not too worried about the gear plate, i have the plastic gear plate on the XT but then again we don't know how reliable the gear plate on the barca is!! now that im looking at the images the wheel base does look shorter!!

G

Some of the parts will be interchangeable. However, there are some that are not. Exceed RC does not have good part support.

G

Your still probably ok price wise. The servos, CPI, and engine are worth the $350.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts