• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

super upset!!

alfred e numan

RCDAD said:
They are glitching because the 2.4ghz radios actually jump back and forth between several frequencies some radios are better at it than others. Those radios were picking up on your Flyskys frequencies and having a hard time with it. You will hear many opinions on this and brand loyalty. By no means would I dare say the Speky is better then the Flysky, it's just more money. It can't out beat the Flysky in range, and Flyskys don't glitch around other radios. Just say'n
All transmitters will have harmonics above and below there assigned frequency They "splatter . " Some recievers have better filters than others. Adjacent channel rejection seems to be less than ideal on the glitching specy recievers. just a uneducated guess-- Question. Has any one running a bunch of fly skys at the same time had glitches? intresting to say the least-- Our airwaves are pretty much full, so many assorted devices out there--

ChuenouXiao

GoffeeRedCat said:
Well I just found out that one of my co-worker run bajas and got a couple of friends run an xb and a losi!! So after work went to an empty baseball field near work to race arpund the diamond...long story short I didn't get to run my XT!! why you ask?? Because of my fllysky radio!!! They all had spectrum radio and my flysky made theirs glitch like no other!!! It was unbelievable!!! So I have a decisionto make!! Spend $129 for a spektrum dx3c or stick with my fsgt3b and not have any new friends!! Any thoughts on the dx3c??
Hey.... at-least you're able to stop them from playing while you have yours on :D It's a way to tell them that they are paying too much for those controllers LOL!!!!!! JK

G

alfred e numan said:
All transmitters will have harmonics above and below there assigned frequency They "splatter . " Some recievers have better filters than others. Adjacent channel rejection seems to be less than ideal on the glitching specy recievers. just a uneducated guess-- Question. Has any one running a bunch of fly skys at the same time had glitches? intresting to say the least-- Our airwaves are pretty much full, so many assorted devices out there--
The factory radios are rebadged Flyskys. I have taken my 2 sons and one of their cousins to the park to run RCs. The 3 kids had the factory version of the Flysky and I had my GT3B and my 4PKS. I don't have all of my vehicles on the 4PKS yet, so sometimes we had 4 Flyskys and sometimes we had 3 Flyskys and my Futaba. We never saw any glitching.

Last edited:

rookie101

I have a Flysky GT3B, Airtronics MT4 and a Spektrum DX3S. The only one that ever gives me range or glitch isues is the Spektrum. As far as programing, feel and features it's my favorite radio, but it just doesn't have the range of the others.

At Calgary Crawlers, my comp crawler group they have all pretty much given up on the Spektrum and gone Futaba. That's where I use my MT4 and I've never had an issue with it on my MOA XR10.

Deluge

RCDAD said:
They are glitching because the 2.4ghz radios actually jump back and forth between several frequencies some radios are better at it than others. Those radios were picking up on your Flyskys frequencies and having a hard time with it. You will hear many opinions on this and brand loyalty. By no means would I dare say the Speky is better then the Flysky, it's just more money. It can't out beat the Flysky in range, and Flyskys don't glitch around other radios. Just say'n
Not all radios are capable of frequency hopping. The FS is probably frequency hopping and selecting frequencies that are too close to the frequencies that the other systems are locked into. And since those systems can't frequency hop, they glitch.

I run a Spektrum. They're great systems.

Deluge

GoffeeRedCat said:
True but how can theirs glitch when we're all running 2.4ghz??
Some spread spectrum systems search for a clear frequency and lock into it. Some have the ability to hop between frequencies. If the frequencies start to get a little muddy, the systems that can't frequency hop get hit with glitching issues.

Deluge

92 vert said:
I have a DX3C and it is a good radio...I have also ran a Futaba 4pl as well as several other Spektrums in the last few years and I have never had any glitch problems with any of them..I like Spektrum but there are some who don't...buy whatever you are comfortable with as they are all good..better than a flysky for sure.
I love my Spektrum.

Deluge

92 vert said:
I am not brand loyal with radios....I just will not ever trust my $1000+ truck with a $50 radio...I am a little nervous running a lower end Spektrum in the DX3C..but so far its good.If funds allowed it I would have a 4PKS or a DX3R pro.
I hear that!

caveman

A buddy of mine has run the flysky, spectrum and futaba radios and his only complaint was the range of the spectrum no glitching issues. There's always a potential problem with frequency while next to others, just another episode of s*!$ happens.

The issue I see with you is that your out numbered and may have to change radios to run with them. But until then enjoy your ride bro

krashkrieg

Contributor
But I always thought Best Buy was a showroom for Amazon.com....lol

No offense but there return policy is so abhorrent that I would never buy another item from them again.

I had great luck with my first spectrum DX2 and still use it on less frequently used car.

My 2nd specky was a DX3 and after only using it for a few months it started to get glitchy and the range was cut in half...never could get it sorted so it sits collecting dust.

Now Futaba PL and never looked back.

G

GoffeeRedCat said:
Haha the return policy 30 days no restocking fee!! Lol as far as amazon well match their prices lol but I've been looking at the 4pl I wish I had the money for the 4pk
Christmas is just around the corner. Time to get off that damn naughty list. :mad:

G

Congrats man.

Just be patient, get the important thing paid for first.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts