• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

super upset!!

GoffeeRedCat

Well I just found out that one of my co-worker run bajas and got a couple of friends run an xb and a losi!! So after work went to an empty baseball field near work to race arpund the diamond...long story short I didn't get to run my XT!! why you ask?? Because of my fllysky radio!!! They all had spectrum radio and my flysky made theirs glitch like no other!!! It was unbelievable!!! So I have a decisionto make!! Spend $129 for a spektrum dx3c or stick with my fsgt3b and not have any new friends!! Any thoughts on the dx3c??

G

It's not your fault their radios suck. You could run a futaba and they would be safe. I have read many reviews most mentioning what you just described. The spekys are OK but why would you buy one with a problem that you witnessed first hand. I run my 4PKS while my sons run their Flyskys with no problems. Just say'n

92 vert

GoffeeRedCat said:
Well I just found out that one of my co-worker run bajas and got a couple of friends run an xb and a losi!! So after work went to an empty baseball field near work to race arpund the diamond...long story short I didn't get to run my XT!! why you ask?? Because of my fllysky radio!!! They all had spectrum radio and my flysky made theirs glitch like no other!!! It was unbelievable!!! So I have a decisionto make!! Spend $129 for a spektrum dx3c or stick with my fsgt3b and not have any new friends!! Any thoughts on the dx3c??
I have a DX3C and it is a good radio...I have also ran a Futaba 4pl as well as several other Spektrums in the last few years and I have never had any glitch problems with any of them..

I like Spektrum but there are some who don't...buy whatever you are comfortable with as they are all good..better than a flysky for sure.

92 vert

GoffeeRedCat said:
True but how can theirs glitch when we're all running 2.4ghz??
I have run my Spektrum with Flysky at the track and did not have any gltching...Spektrum radios do not interfere with other 2.4 radios....there is a problem somewhere...

G

GoffeeRedCat said:
True but how can theirs glitch when we're all running 2.4ghz??
They are glitching because the 2.4ghz radios actually jump back and forth between several frequencies some radios are better at it than others. Those radios were picking up on your Flyskys frequencies and having a hard time with it. You will hear many opinions on this and brand loyalty. By no means would I dare say the Speky is better then the Flysky, it's just more money. It can't out beat the Flysky in range, and Flyskys don't glitch around other radios. Just say'n

Last edited:

92 vert

RCDAD said:
They are glitching because the 2.4ghz radios actually jump back and forth between several frequencies some radios are better at it than others. Those radios were picking up on your Flyskys frequencies and having a hard time with it. You will hear many opinions on this and brand loyalty. By no means would I dare say the Speky is better then the Flysky. It can't out beat the Flysky in range, and Flyskys don't glitch around other radios. Just say'n
Something still seems off to me....I have been racing for the last 5 years,and at the track is all kinds of different radios and I can say I never had 1 glitch running Spektrum stuff...

92 vert

GoffeeRedCat said:
Where do you guys run at?? as I am local to you....if you want you can try out my DX3C..

G

92 vert said:
Something still seems off to me....I have been racing for the last 5 years,and at the track is all kinds of different radios and I can say I never had 1 glitch running Spektrum stuff...
I hear ya man. Most owners support them. However, this is not the first time I've read this.

92 vert

RCDAD said:
I hear ya man. Most owners support them. However, this is not the first time I've read this.
I am not brand loyal with radios....I just will not ever trust my $1000+ truck with a $50 radio...I am a little nervous running a lower end Spektrum in the DX3C..but so far its good.

If funds allowed it I would have a 4PKS or a DX3R pro.

GoffeeRedCat

92 vert said:
Where do you guys run at?? as I am local to you....if you want you can try out my DX3C..
We were at Northbrook on willow rd....it was literally a baseball field and the diamond sand was extra large. We were just following the bases lol I tried one of the guys dx3c it was really nothing special to me, the wheel didn't bounce as much as the flysky lol but thanks for the offer though!

G

GoffeeRedCat said:
I'll do a little bit more research on this touchy subject lol it was just weird seeing their stuff glitch around when my radio was on lol
Good idea man. I only recomend what I have had personal experience with. Do some reading. It's easy to tell when your reading facts vs. opinion. I spent a month reading on the forums before I made my decision. I have to give props to Kent from Killer RC he has posted enourmous amounts of radio data on the forums. All backed by facts and not opinion. He even did a cool YouTube video on radio range.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts