• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Stripped wheel

RCGasMan

Well as the title says I have managed to strip out the inside of the wheel. My question is are there any upgrade wheels for it vwithout getting the hpi wheel adapters?

G

None as far as I know. The FG & MCD use the same size square drive, but it required modding the axles to mount them. As of now, the adapters are your best bet.

RCGasMan

That's what I thought. Do you know of anyone who makes tires cheaper than proline?

G

Prolines or Hostles are what I would recomend. The prolines are the cheaper of the two.

If you want a MT style wheel Imex makes a set.

RCGasMan

I want a narrower tire for a future undecided project. What hpi wheels would you recommend? I read that a lot of people run rear wheels all the way around.

RampageHopUps

What model do you have. Running Bjaa buggy fronts all around on the XB is acceptable.

XBadapter2_wm.JPG

XBadapter3_wm.JPG

XBadapter4_wm.JPG

The 5T fronts will be a little taller though.

RCGasMan

I've got a xt. And also this is completely irrelevant but how do you think it would be if I swapped the engine with a regular weed eater engine?

RampageHopUps

On a XT, you hsould use the rears, just looks right. Or the 5T fronts if you are racing.

A weed eater will only have about 30% of the power our 30.5 has. I worked as and Engine tool designer at Ryobi for 2 years, and you can not get the power or RPM you need.

G

These are the trenchers on 5b rears. This is your platform with the XSC body on it.

846f4193.jpg

-

Here are the same wheels on the MT.

d8212e32.jpg

Guantanamo Joe

RC Dad:

I cant see the pictures... I would really like to though because I am definately in the market for wheels and tires. I also stripped a wheel and really don't want to epoxy it on the hub.

Is there another link to those pictures?

RCGasMan

Thanks for the reply. What wheels are those? I've looked at the trenchers and they do look considerably narrower. Are there any benefits/disadvantages to a narrower tire?

Cajun

RCDAD said:
These are the trenchers on 5b rears. This is your platform with the XSC body on it. 846f4193.jpg

-

Here are the same wheels on the MT.

d8212e32.jpg
Those are the Tires I want for My XT, Dam wish June would hurry and get here so I can buy my new throttle servo and HPI adapters and new tires

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts