• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Stock steering servo

BertR

Maybe this has been asked before but are the redcat steering servo's rebuild-able.. I am still running my stock that has been a trooper in mud,snow,sand and several car washes.. it's getting massive slop on the output gear and that's says time for a new one! I am wanting to put the stocker in my boat if its fixable. Any thoughts..

BertR

I tore it down and it looks like the bushing that seats around the hex is worn down giving room for sloppyness other than that the servo is fine with all things considering (stock)

G

I'm sure you could get some folks to send you their bad units and use them for parts. That's what Alfred does.

G

BertR said:
Maybe this has been asked before but are the redcat steering servo's rebuild-able.. I am still running my stock that has been a trooper in mud,snow,sand and several car washes.. it's getting massive slop on the output gear and that's says time for a new one! I am wanting to put the stocker in my boat if its fixable. Any thoughts..
Did you ever try to rebuild it?

BertR

I have not farted around with the servo yet! I cant get my hands on a old one for parts..I thought about shooting Alfred a pm since he is crafty in that department lol.

G

BertR said:
I have not farted around with the servo yet! I cant get my hands on a old one for parts..I thought about shooting Alfred a pm since he is crafty in that department lol.
Not a bad idea. I would think the larger parts would make it easier.

Chief409

It would be fun rebuilding the servo, but in the long run a new servo would be cheaper.

G

If parts are free, it should only be time. I guess you would have to pay for shipping. I bet Redcat has some burnt ones lay'n around also.

BertR

I have plenty of time on that servo.. we had our first snow fall 2 days ago so the water sports are over for the year! I am in the proses of cutting my templates for a 78" fiberglass mosquito craft with duel steering servos and may drop in new ones for a pice of mind.

G

Snow?!!

Crap, already. Clear sky and 90 today here. :p

BertR

I hear you chief! It is 47 now as the High .. We have a winter storm warning at 8000ft until tomorrow afternoon. I'm willing to bet the ground will be white in the morning at 5200 and looking forward to falling on my patoot as I get out of the car.

G

I kinda envy you. Snow storms can be fun, but when you have to work, not so much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts