• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Stock Servo Question

Sinist3r

Hey guys. I'm going to be asking a lot of questions. First off, you guys here are great! Are the stock servos on the Rampage XT water proof? I won't be swapping them out until an issue comes up. I just want to be aware of puddles and moisture. I've noticed the Redcat claims that they use water proof servos.

BertR

You can proof them with plastic dip but they may hold up without it. My steering servohas been in the car wash and bathtub hosed down about 50 times and no issues yet and that's before they upgraded to water proof labels on them.electronics hate water in most cases so don't drive into A Lake and you will be OK.

Sinist3r

Thanks BertR. I don't plan on trying to test the boat like capabilities. If I hit a puddle, or wet grass, I just want to make sure that I'm not going to harm the electronics.

Ludabud

Ive ran threw a bunch of puddles with my stock servos and they have been alright so far. Only snag I had was one of them came un-sortered. Easy fix. Even my hitec t/b has been ok getting a lil wet.

RampageShop

I know the XB-E and Chimera EP Pro come with waterproof electronics but I don't think the XT does. I'd suspect the servos will be waterproof in the future but best to assume they are not at this point.

The other guys are correct though, you should be fine for splashes in puddles, just don't hose off your truck

G

BertR said:
You can proof them with plastic dip but they may hold up without it. My steering servohas been in the car wash and bathtub hosed down about 50 times and no issues yet and that's before they upgraded to water proof labels on them.electronics hate water in most cases so don't drive into A Lake and you will be OK.
Wow. :eek:

I have not been so lucky when it comes to water.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts