• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Steering Servo

chefjness

My steering servo in my MT came with one from GWS. I have not had one of those since I was building and flying GWS park flyers along time ago. Anyway, the steering servo is LOUD. Is this normal??? And is this servo doing the job for all of you that have one.

-John

Sprint 77

Contributor
MOfroggy said:
I noticed the same noise and also that when I steered left the linkage hit the side of the servo mount bracket, do you see the same thing on yours?
MOfroggy
I witnessed MoFroggy truck first run over at my shop. I agree that servo is noisy. Rob said the servo was slow , but strong . So knowing that MoFroggy put his linkage on the top hole for more travel per degree which will help the speed. I would not advise this if you are running a radio without "EndPoint Adjustmenst" most time is "EPA" on the screen of most brands. Turn you servo all the right (I Think it is right MoFroggy correct me on this if needed) and then back down the # on your steering EPA until the linkage doesn't foul against the servo mount.

This will save your servo and from heat and may help from stripping gears.

Feel free to copy and paste this in the pre run check list.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts