• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

steering servo question

mooman007uk

Banned
servo has plenty of torque but it has nylon gears which, with the mt tires might not hold up. You'll have to cut the tits off the servo mounts and redrill the bottom holes to fit the hitec but it's only a 5 min job.

IMADMAN

Probably not, You really need metal gear servos for largescale RC. The 805 has a lot of mixed reviews.

Most go with the Hitec 5745MG.

kryptonite

you meen its too late like you ordered all ready? if so hop on towers and get the rebuild kit. i think it cost $4.00 those are plastic gears. cant say how long they will last.. its almost a direct fit. kust have to trim the bottom nipples off the mkount and drill a new hole for the lower mounting tabs. other then that, it drops right in

AlphaDog777

yea, good advice.. ill order up the some gears to tie me over till im ready to drop the big $$ on a nice metal gear.... thanks guys

C.B.

you can always buy another one and make a dual servo set up im pretty sure those would last if you ran 2 im not sure how well it will hold up on its own those wheels are heavy

AlphaDog777

ill losen up my servo saver and deal with shit turning, that should help till i can afford a new one... hopefully

what do i need to put a futaba?

Last edited by a moderator:

C.B.

not sure about the futaba i know some guys are running the hpi steering servo

run that hitec and let us know how it does

C.B.

its gotta work better then the factory crap you got and have had to deal with

gotta love the low end electronics we should run them when you get yours up and going oh yeah the x can is loud as s#%*

AlphaDog777

yea I have one on one of my gopeds.... I don't mind...

U said u would be down here Sunday? I should be good to go by then and it's

My day off..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts