• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Steering servo horn?

ryuken168

Just can't wait any long for my Rhino Digi 4 to be off back order, so I went ahead and brought a Hitech HS-5745mg for the Rampage Rally.

Question is, would I be able to used the stock steering horn? The orginal plastic servo gear is much bigger than the Hitec brass gear.

Shoild I just used the servo horn that came with the Hitech and drill a larger hole for the ball joint screw linkage?

Thanks

Ken

kryptonite

i just drilled out the hole for the ball joint and you can round off the top so it isnt so long. i would not try to use the stock horn. even if you get it on their it will quickly round off becouse the spline count is diffrent. did you get the futaba servo mount? the 745 is a tight fit, but it will work. just have to dremel some "meat" off the stock servo mount, use the mounting holes closest to the front and trim the little nipples off the lower end of the servo mount.

roccos_van

The stock servo horn will not fit. If you bought a V2 like me then the kit will come with a hitec specific horn.

BTW - I stripped the plastic horns in 1 tank, both of them. Get a good quality servo horn like the SWB horn.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts