• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Steering servo glitch on throttle

chapinb

I have an eb-e with a XL2 and a leopard 5692 1090kv 8s set up.

It runs on a Spektrum dx2s into a hobbyking orange rx. 6v from the XL2 is fed into the receiver while a castle bec pro feeds 7.5 volts only to a savox 235 and a few fans.

When I apply even a moderate amount of throttle, the wheels cock right some. Its strong enough to sometime hit full lock on full throttle. It makes it very hard to turn while on the throttle.

Id like to blame the HK receiver but the same thing happened with a spektrum 3300. It has the same effect with I feed the BEC directly into the receiver as well. Before it fried, I had a hitec (5765?) servo that did the same thing.

I do not think its a bec brown out, although I havent logged this yet. The batteries have minimal sag under acceleration with draw peaks ~150 amps so I am don't think its lipo related.

I have the same problem on my 1/8 summit running a castle bec to only the steering servo. The summit is also brushless, Tekin based on quality SPC lipos and runs off the stock Traxxas TQi radio.

My revo, also brushless, runs no external bec. It does not have this issue.

It makes me think Im doing something wrong the the bec.

Ideas?

chapinb

Since posting, Iv troubleshooted everything I can think of.

Iv used a glitch buster, multiple receivers (all the same dx2 tx), re-routed the the signal wires further from the motor wires, relocated the RX, used a additional battery to power just the RX and/or servo.

Unrelated, I replaced the motor and found the can rubbing on the chassis. Thought this might be causing some sort of ground to the servo. Iv since remounted the motor to allow clearance and given insulation from the chassis/motor and chassis/servo.

The next steps are getting expensive. New ESC/Radio/servo

RampageHopUps

Glitches on a HK reciever -- never hear of that, LOL

Glitches on a Spetrum -- never heard of that, LOL

Pony up some dollars and go Futaba!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts