• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

steering servo 5765

kydo32

just wondering how much slower is response with the 5765 vs the stock one my stock one locked up and need new steering servos ?would 2 755s work or to slow

phreerider

5765, its what you want its HV ,metal gears....755 with metal gears version is half the strength of 5765

kydo32

phreerider said:
5765, its what you want its HV ,metal gears....755 with metal gears version is half the strength of 5765
when you say hv it means high voltage? i am running a 5000 nmh 6 volt I just got will that be fine?

Deluge

Yep, they're high voltage. 6 volts will work just fine, you won't get the full potential out of them, though. But they're pretty fast on 6 volts.

kydo32

do I need any servo horns when ordering? says comes with single sided or double sided what is difference and what do I need? thanks will be sending out an order for them then not much more can go wrong with truck after this I hope lol

Last edited by a moderator:

carp boyz

Banned
I asked the same question not long ago and was told the 5765's were a bit too big for the dual steering setup and was a pita to install,if you compare the sizes they're quite different in size

after being told that by a few dudes I decided to go with 2 755s with metal gears

2 of them at 200 oz each isn't that low,400oz will easily crank the huge monster tires and nice and quick as well,the original stock servos worked perfectly for over 2 years,only reason they fried is that that weren't hooked up properly to the charger

kydo32

carp boyz said:
I asked the same question not long ago and was told the 5765's were a bit too big for the dual steering setup and was a pita to install,if you compare the sizes they're quite different in sizeafter being told that by a few dudes I decided to go with 2 755s with metal gears

2 of them at 200 oz each isn't that low,400oz will easily crank the huge monster tires and nice and quick as well,the original stock servos worked perfectly for over 2 years,only reason they fried is that that weren't hooked up properly to the charger
so you are saying the 755 will work then is there much modding to do with mounting the 755?

Deluge

The double sided horns have linkage mounting positions on both sides. The single sided horns have the mounting positions on one side. You want the single sided horns. The servos come with HD plastic horns but DDM gives you a free aluminum horn.

You are ordering from DDM, right? If you are, use coupon code "HBF" and they'll take 5% off of your order.

kydo32

I am stuck on the 755s or the 5765s not sure what to go with? my stock servo went crazy would glitch then go all the way right and not turn at all

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

The 5765's are smaller than the stock servos. You might be talking about the 5805's, those are quite large. The 5765's are easy to mount, you just have to relocate two of the mounting holes on the mounts. Super easy.

Deluge

Go with the 5765's, man. The 755's are analog and can only handle up to 6 volts. The 5765's are digital and they can handle up to 7.4 volts, so you have room to grow if you ever want to switch to a LiPo pack.

kydo32

thanks deluge ill take your advice and order the 5765 at least have more torq then 755 just didn't want do a lot modding and just drilling two holes sounds really easy. so then free aluminum horn should be a single from ddm ? I order from ddm all the time great people, fast delivery

kydo32

Deluge said:
Go with the 5765's, man. The 755's are analog and can only handle up to 6 volts. The 5765's are digital and they can handle up to 7.4 volts, so you have room to grow if you ever want to switch to a LiPo pack.
just bought a 5000 nmh battery so wont need to change for awhile but its nice to know if I do the servos can handle it. i still have warranty but don't want send back cause if it will only mess up in long run, and it would take to long to process I am better off getting ones that wont and 3 day shipping from ddm so I can have truck back up and running quicker and better THANKS AGAIN

kydo32

one last question Do I have to order any screws to mount steering arm to the aluminum servo horn ? what are the rubber and metal things that come with servo?

Deluge

You don't have to order any extra screws. If I remember correctly, you might have to widen the mounting holes on the horn so you can use the stock linkage. The rubber bushings are for use on the servo mount tabs, basically they absorb vibration.

phreerider

Deluge said:
The 5765's are smaller than the stock servos. You might be talking about the 5805's, those are quite large. The 5765's are easy to mount, you just have to relocate two of the mounting holes on the mounts. Super easy.
+1 on that , my thoughts exactly, the stock to 5765 is easy, they are smaller

kydo32

ok was wondering I noticed after taking steering servo off that it doesn't have the rubber cushions that go under screws .do I have to use them? my drilled holes don't line up if I try and use the rubber cushions that came with servo its off by a hair cant get screws to line up

kydo32

when lineing up holes to put 5765 servos on should I line up top holes or bottom ones then drill ones not lined up

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts