• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Steering & Brake servo spring replacement

Mike4130

I've seen in the past some of you have removed the throttle & brake spring off the servo & replaced it with a piece of fuel line. Can anyone please post some pics of what the final product should look like? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phill

Mike4130 said:
I've seen in the past some of you have removed the throttle & brake spring off the servo & replaced it with a piece of fuel line. Can anyone please post some pics of what the final product should look like? Thanks in advance.
I don't have a pic handy but all you do is cut a piece of fuel line the same length as the spring (about an inch) and replace the spring with it.

Don't forget the washer on the end!

Mike4130

Phill said:
I don't have a pic handy but all you do is cut a piece of fuel line the same length as the spring (about an inch) and replace the spring with it.Don't forget the washer on the end!
Wouldn't this make the brakes extremely touchy? It seems like a spring would at least give it a little cushion rather than the solid tube causing the brakes to go from 0-100% ? What do you think? How do your brakes feel after doing this mod?

Phill

Mike4130 said:
Wouldn't this make the brakes extremely touchy? It seems like a spring would at least give it a little cushion rather than the solid tube causing the brakes to go from 0-100% ? What do you think? How do your brakes feel after doing this mod?
I don't have a problem with it

BertR

Its not as sensitive as you think...it can save your butt if you need to get it stopped quick.. Smart cheap mod!

rcgasser

Mike4130 said:
Its not touchy at all but as bert stated it does make the brakes apply faster and hard for great stopping power.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts