• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Steel gears in mt are meshed tight

454chad

Hello everybody im back at the gear thing i got them all on the truck and now they seem to have a tight spot in the two outside gears 25t and 35t gears is this normal and the center shaft that holds the two gears i noticed you can't tighten that rite down i had to back the nut off a little so the bearings would be free please lmk thank you all

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

Loctite the nut if you back it off. I had a tight spot on my gears, as well. But they loosened up after I ran it for a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruffy

RampageHopUps said:
A little ivory soap on the gears will let them mesh better and run freely. Definitely some blu loctite on all 3 of the nuts.
Soap will wear off. I would get extra fine graphite! Its the best for RC cars because it gives it the lube needed and dirt or mud don't stick to it like it would soap or WD40.

Ruffy

454chad said:
so the gears should be lubed every run?
I never have. The graphite stays on really good but is messy as all heck. Now I will do a clean up of my truck if really dirty and then I do put more graphite on my gears.

I was about to add a new post about this....

Got my MT today and after 7 hours or so, the blue loctite phase is done. My question is about the gears. Never thought about graphite...but how about teflon or silicone spray?

I will guess that it will attract the dirt faster than the graphite but I am just curious if anyone in this forum has used such sprays.

What are your comments?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts