• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

steal gears in mt v3 don't fit

454chad

hi i am a new member here.anyway i just bought steal gears for my mt v3 i tried to install them and the square hexs they fit on are not fitting in the gears is this the way they are do i have to dremel them to fit any info would be great thank you all

rob64n

Contributor
If you have the square drive gearplate you sometimes need to file down the aluminum square so the gears slide on and off easy........

G

I have had several customers with this issue. There also has been a few threads on stuck gears. When you order a new steel gear set the square holes are on the small side. Filing down the squares seems to be required.

rob64n

Contributor
you'll just need to file the aluminum square, when you test fit make sure you don't fully insert the square into the gear unless it goes in easy. If not good luck fighting to get them out, lol

rob64n

Contributor
you mean there is still one of those pipes around? That was the biggest pipe ever made for one these trucks........

G

That's a nice truck!

+1 on the wheels. Those look cool!

454chad

thanks guys i love it and the tires and wheels are at imex copy and paste this in your browser [1/5 Scale Mounted Tire, Rim and Bead-Lock MONSTER TRUCK TIRES J-7] and thanks for all the input

Last edited by a moderator:
G

^^^Nice price also. What did the included FG adapters look like?

G

Just copied the title line from google and pasted it onto the body of the forum.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts