• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Starting With Ramtech Kill Switch ????

Janitor77

Put a Ramtech fail safe on my XT, not sure what you could possibly do wrong basically you only have 2 wires that hook to the motor and 2 wires that hook to the push button switch and the end hooks into channel 3 on the receiver, after doing this my truck will not start will not even attempt to start like it has no spark, I guess I will take the Ramtech back off and see if it starts. Anybody else had this problem

Darack73

Try and push button for 3rd channel on your remote. If it is set to toggle it may be in wrong position. Also check to make sure it is arming when you turn it on. The led should change i beleive if you push button for third channel. Hope this helps

Janitor77

I don't have a 3rd channel its a stock radio that came with the Rampage.

Corso

Janitor77 said:
Put a Ramtech fail safe on my XT, not sure what you could possibly do wrong basically you only have 2 wires that hook to the motor and 2 wires that hook to the push button switch and the end hooks into channel 3 on the receiver, after doing this my truck will not start will not even attempt to start like it has no spark, I guess I will take the Ramtech back off and see if it starts. Anybody else had this problem
I am going off memory here cause I am not with my truck, so bear with me. I have the RAMTech and it works perfectly. I do however recall when I was installing it having a slight concern that I could be hooking up 2 of the wires backwards...? May have been the 2 that connect to the ignition on the motor, but I'm not totally sure.

That being said, if I were you I'd go back and check anyplace where you could potentially have a couple wires reversed, and for the heck of it swap them and see if it fixes your issues. Good luck.

RampageHopUps

The 2 wires do not have any polarity, so it doesn't matter.

Try and start it with the RX off and the truck up in the air. If it starts that way, you have a wiring problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.