• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

starting the xt for the first time.

al240

Hi guys, starting the xt for the first time today. So... the first tank is just ticking over, no major loading the motor? On another thread I read not to let the tx and rx sit doing nothing as this is not good for the servos. Is there anyway to leave it ticking over for such a long time without having the tx turned on?

sorry..new to rc's.

al240

Thanks, that makes more sense, and more fun. :)

al240

First time ever driving a rc car, let alone a 1.5. truck!! Well... Got her ready. Second pull and she was away. Did some slow laps of my smallish garden. i am impressed. Starts easy as. Talked the woman into coming for a look at the local park. We in luck, its empty. We give her a bash. Getting more and more confident. Then....she is off the field, into a ditch full of water. I run over and she is upside down, showing me her bottom. I fish her out, all covered in crap. Do I cry now or save it till I get home:eek:. lol. Got her home, tipped all the water out, cleaned the air filter. OMG. She starts sweet as. Just the throttle servo being a little silly when i first turn on. Any ideas? Think i was very lucky. :D

G

Let it dry out completely. Just be prepared to replace servos and the receiver.

Guantanamo Joe

as long as you didnt suck water through your air filter, you are "lucky". The XT only has 2 servos, so that is not too bad. If you have to replace your receiver, might as well upgrade your remote :D

Deluge

al240 said:
Hi guys, starting the xt for the first time today. So... the first tank is just ticking over, no major loading the motor? On another thread I read not to let the tx and rx sit doing nothing as this is not good for the servos. Is there anyway to leave it ticking over for such a long time without having the tx turned on?sorry..new to rc's.
Don't let it idle for a long time. You'll foul the plug. Do some warm up laps and open it up from there.

Deluge

al240 said:
First time ever driving a rc car, let alone a 1.5. truck!! Well... Got her ready. Second pull and she was away. Did some slow laps of my smallish garden. i am impressed. Starts easy as. Talked the woman into coming for a look at the local park. We in luck, its empty. We give her a bash. Getting more and more confident. Then....she is off the field, into a ditch full of water. I run over and she is upside down, showing me her bottom. I fish her out, all covered in crap. Do I cry now or save it till I get home:eek:. lol. Got her home, tipped all the water out, cleaned the air filter. OMG. She starts sweet as. Just the throttle servo being a little silly when i first turn on. Any ideas? Think i was very lucky. :D
Disconnect the receiver battery and let everything dry out for a while.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts