speedometer (any recommendations)

pfrederi1

Hi All
ive been away for lil while having fun with my Rampage. I think i finally have her dialed in. Anyway does anyone know what I can use to measure the speed of my 5th scale Gas RC vehicles?

Im not doing the cellphone gps thing. is there anything thats affordable that i can use if i want to swap between vehicles when i want to measure their top speed?

Thx

Phill

Hi All
ive been away for lil while having fun with my Rampage. I think i finally have her dialed in. Anyway does anyone know what I can use to measure the speed of my 5th scale Gas RC vehicles?

Im not doing the cellphone gps thing. is there anything thats affordable that i can use if i want to swap between vehicles when i want to measure their top speed?

Thx
I have an old GPS I just tape to the car

You need a telemetry system like Sanwa MT4 and use the magneto speed sensor from futaba instead of the optical sensor that comes with the transmitter for ease of installation.

G-Man

I bought a Garmin Forerunner 201 used off ebay. It has a velcro wrist strap that I secure to the rig. Works well using gps

pfrederi1

Hey thanks a lot for the info guys. I was hoping not to spend that much.

I just upgraded my phone so i have my old lg v10 (still damn good phone) that i downloaded an app called "speedometer" on. Although i was trying to stay away from strapping a pretty good phone to the vehicle i guess ill try that route and see how it works out. Anyone else have any recommendations for the phone method or things to look out for im open to suggestions:)

if not i may look into that Garmin. But thanks again.

Members online

Latest posts