• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

speedometer (any recommendations)

pfrederi1

Hi All
ive been away for lil while having fun with my Rampage. I think i finally have her dialed in. Anyway does anyone know what I can use to measure the speed of my 5th scale Gas RC vehicles?

Im not doing the cellphone gps thing. is there anything thats affordable that i can use if i want to swap between vehicles when i want to measure their top speed?

Thx

Phill

Hi All
ive been away for lil while having fun with my Rampage. I think i finally have her dialed in. Anyway does anyone know what I can use to measure the speed of my 5th scale Gas RC vehicles?

Im not doing the cellphone gps thing. is there anything thats affordable that i can use if i want to swap between vehicles when i want to measure their top speed?

Thx

I have an old GPS I just tape to the car

Bassman

You need a telemetry system like Sanwa MT4 and use the magneto speed sensor from futaba instead of the optical sensor that comes with the transmitter for ease of installation.

G-Man

I bought a Garmin Forerunner 201 used off ebay. It has a velcro wrist strap that I secure to the rig. Works well using gps

pfrederi1

Hey thanks a lot for the info guys. I was hoping not to spend that much.

I just upgraded my phone so i have my old lg v10 (still damn good phone) that i downloaded an app called "speedometer" on. Although i was trying to stay away from strapping a pretty good phone to the vehicle i guess ill try that route and see how it works out. Anyone else have any recommendations for the phone method or things to look out for im open to suggestions:)

if not i may look into that Garmin. But thanks again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online